Anything else.

Moderator: Balou

Ash333

Driving on snow/ice

Post by Ash333 »

I loved it. till I spun a 360 going around a corner. scary

No Victim? No Crime.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

am driving in a large 4 wheel drive vehicle atm. not much slipping and sliding for me.
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

saw a car spin out today had to bush my motor and check the old girl.
Defeating evil with a thing called love
echc1

Post by echc1 »

pah...amatuers hahahahaha try a london cab in rural ungritted conditions.....THAT'S FUN.....just use the handbrake instead of turning the wheel at corners and the power(or lack of) to pull the vehicle straight...managed to clock up 200 miles last night,with no crashes unlike the local boy racers who were either in ditches or parked up lampposts.. :lol: ........merry snowballs all.....whee ....time to do it all again
Sir Niall of Essex-sire

Post by Sir Niall of Essex-sire »

echc1 wrote:pah...amatuers hahahahaha try a london cab in rural ungritted conditions.....THAT'S FUN.....just use the handbrake instead of turning the wheel at corners and the power(or lack of) to pull the vehicle straight...managed to clock up 200 miles last night,with no crashes unlike the local boy racers who were either in ditches or parked up lampposts.. :lol: ........merry snowballs all.....whee ....time to do it all again
London has fuck all snow compared to where to live?
Defeating evil with a thing called love
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

cantona7 wrote:am driving in a large 4 wheel drive vehicle atm. not much slipping and sliding for me.
haha. I got 59bhp fiat :(
No Victim? No Crime.
doobydave

Post by doobydave »

I spent 20 mins in a snowy car park honing my drifting skills...

And what jolly good fun it was too. :wink:
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Not much snow left just tons of ICE making my local side streets a bit tricky. The 4wd car (Still slides a bit) is better than my missus little 2wd hatch which nearly ate a lampost earlier :lol:
Its all good fun until ya crash 8)
Max Flower

Post by Max Flower »

What's the percentage of cars with winter tires in the UK? All season rubber gets hard and loses grip at about 7c.

Plus winter tires may have some grit in the rubber to aid in stopping and Handling. I wouldn't run my car in winter without them. On a snowy days (30+cm) or icy conditions the difference is like night and day.
mark the martian

Post by mark the martian »

Bike riding is proving pretty dangerous today
Ash333

Post by Ash333 »

Max Flower wrote:What's the percentage of cars with winter tires in the UK? All season rubber gets hard and loses grip at about 7c.

Plus winter tires may have some grit in the rubber to aid in stopping and Handling. I wouldn't run my car in winter without them. On a snowy days (30+cm) or icy conditions the difference is like night and day.
But we get these conditions for a few freak weeks. You get harsh long winters. If I had to deal with driving on snow daily I'd obviously get different tyres, or more likely snow chains.
No Victim? No Crime.
echc1

Post by echc1 »

i work nowhere near london...it's just a type of vehicle......to be exact it's a tx2....and rural norfolk and suffolk aint exactly a city and was just a tad snowy.....peace and merry snowballs..........p.s. anyone got a working heater for a tx2? hahaha
Dobern

Post by Dobern »

Been out and about this morning on ungritted roads, cars just abandoned parked in the back of other cars everywhere.

Personally my little clio hasn't let me down yet (touchwood), as it was MOT'd and 4 new tyres about a fortnight ago.

Now walking on snow/ice, that's a different story. Absolutely terrified, even with my timberlands on. All stems from breaking my leg in the bad snow last year. I'm a nervous wreck on foot now.
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

my 200sx is in the garage as i write, its having a straight through japspeed exhaust system fitted (turbo down) wouldn't even bother driving it in the ice, rear wheel drive in the ice on public roads is craazy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stew1974

Post by stew1974 »

I find rear wheel drive vehicles easier to control on ice and snow, you just need to put something heavy in the boot for grip.