70's/80's trippy Thai - seeds - links

Including growing tips and questions.
templeball

70's/80's trippy Thai - seeds - links

Post by templeball »

For all those who crave the genuine old trippy thai sticks from yesteryear, and i sure do, I stumbled across this great article from a grower who has tried them, with pics , and the equally interesting seed makers own comments, very intriguing and surely worth a punt if you can handle working through at least 20-30 seeds to get the real killer pheno plus a 12-16 week grow to get the proper buzz, BUT i think if space and time is not a premium it could be a strain that if it actually delivered the goods would be incredible to produce :lol: :lol:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php? ... did=217980

then the seeds link

https://www.seedboutique.com/ProductDet ... va&Type=PD

for the lazy heres the spiel on how they describe their seeds, i love it
hope someone here has a bash

Description

Gypsy Nirvana's Landrace Collection: Thai Stick Sativa ( Limited Edition )

In the 60's and 70's there was very little herbal cannabis available and much of what was available was known globally as "Thai Stick". It is estimated that a vast amount of all herbal cannabis sold in many places was this variety and other varieties were generally considered to be of lower quality. Rumour has it that the early thai sticks were dipped in Opium, though towards the 70's this was later changed to Cannabis Oils. What is agreed on is that the buds used to produce Thai stick were generally very good quality and often far outshone the other available brands. With the advent of home growing and better breeding methods the sticks were gradually replaced over time but not before earning themselves a place in the hearts of old time smokers and those famous canna-urban legends.

A recent trip to Thailand into the south region of the Nong Khai Province saw us meeting with some of the original farmers who grew this strain back in the 60's and 70's and offered us a priceless opportunity to both discuss the old methods and, best of all, acquire some of the progeny of those original plants. We have now brought those seeds back and would love the opportunity to offer people a chance to 'grab a slice of history' so to speak. Many times over the last 10 years we have been asked to get these and have not been able to acquire a reliable and validated source. This, i'm proud to say, is no longer the case. This limited edition batch is going to make some of you incredibly happy, of that i am in no doubt at all.

As a tropical Sativa we do not recommend you take on this strain lightly. It has not been grown and stabilised to modern western standards and retains much of it's original charm. It is simply a good, unadulterated historic strain sourced directly from those who grew the original. There may be expressions of different phenos and other issues associated with taking an indigenous strain and growing it away from it's natural environ. Before you bid on a pack of these we strongly recommend you take a moment to research strains from this area and the area itself to familiarise yourself with the plants requirements and natural environment. The reward will be a chance to relive one of the most important historic types of Sativa. Not many of us can say we have genuinely grown this for ourselves and even fewer will be able to remember the original sticks themselves ( especially after trying one! ).

As for the smoke report, well, i'm not going to sell this to you. You have no doubt heard the fond stories relating to this strain and seen the distant glazed look people in the know get when they remember this strain. I'd hate to spoil that experience by giving you a preview. You really need to try this for yourself, as a description from me would do it no justice at all.

A true gem you wont find anywhere else, we are proud to offer it to you and apologise profusely for the wait! :) . . . . . . . Gypsy Nirvana

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King
CannaSir

Re: 70's/80's trippy Thai - seeds - links

Post by CannaSir »

Fantastic! I loved this from the post you linked to:

this plant produces a stone that is so trippy and long lasting that it leaves you thinking you have just dropped a acid trip and i do not joke.

THIS is exactly what i recall it as being like! I spliff between 8 of us in a Chiang Rai hotel and we were in tripping-hysterics for an hour solid, attracting a lot of amused attention due to our shrieks of delight at how utterly wankered we'd got on one joint!!

I would pay isolator prices for that stuff now and enjoy it a whole lot more!!

Thanks for posting this! :D :D
Wash yerself up quick, babe. Star Trek's on.
templeball

Post by templeball »

CannaSir wrote:Fantastic! I loved this from the post you linked to:

this plant produces a stone that is so trippy and long lasting that it leaves you thinking you have just dropped a acid trip and i do not joke.

THIS is exactly what i recall it as being like! I spliff between 8 of us in a Chiang Rai hotel and we were in tripping-hysterics for an hour solid, attracting a lot of amused attention due to our shrieks of delight at how utterly wankered we'd got on one joint!!

I would pay isolator prices for that stuff now and enjoy it a whole lot more!!

Thanks for posting this! :D :D
Oh thank god. I'd decided that I must have posted the worlds most boring post, and just like you I was taken back in time by those magic words
I'd flipping love some of this
Here's dreaming dude :)
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King
CannaSir

Post by CannaSir »

Glad to restore your faith in the existence of others who yearn as you do! :lol:

Ecky thump!! :wink:

:D
Wash yerself up quick, babe. Star Trek's on.
BigRigRob

Post by BigRigRob »

Flash back to High School, mid 70's, So Cal, & Thai Stick...mmmmmm....... memories. :mrgreen:
"Stoners... the only thing that bakes at room temperature..."
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Back in '08 I got some freebie Thai x Skunk from the Seed Boutique. I gave them to a buddy and he grew them. I posted a pic of the plant, but it appears the pic got taken down by pic hoster. That plant was way too big for indoors, it had to be taken down early. We made some bubble hash out of it.
http://mokum2006.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://mokum2008.tumblr.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;