Hermaphrodite...

Including growing tips and questions.
Arsonist

Re: Hermaphrodite...

Post by Arsonist »

Cisco wrote:The Calyx swells up to a teardrop shape inexperienced growers can mistake them for "the dreaded balls" as when people talk about males etc the talk about "balls" I know I mistook it and have seen numerous pics from people on grow sites thinking they have males when they are in fact the calyx :wink: is that elaborate enough ? :lol:
Ahhh, I see where the mistake can occur.
I recently had a herm issue where balls began to emerge and then I come on here and see it can grow dicks as well, fuuuck. :shock:

Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

been round mates this morning i had checked them before we started to flush and now there are these..

has it gone hermie or is it females calyxes.. my bum cheeks are flappin a bit as ive given them plenty of love and for them to go when they are about a week away from harvest would break my heat :cry:

saw this on another forum (not mine)
exactly the same as mine could they be just large calyxes??
any help would be appreciated as i am slightly worried
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Yep nothing to worry about , those are swollen calyx :wink:
-
Bob2

Post by Bob2 »

cheers cisco i have been panicking big time was on verge of cutting them down (so a big bloody thanks)Im HAPPY Again WooHoo..

i cut a few buds off and examined them no banana shaped things. 50% cloudy tricromes, the whitish hairs have started to go brown/red. are there any other signs a plant will show if it decide to go hermie? i did think i shocked them during second and third flush
Boner

Post by Boner »

Don't panic, the chances of it going full on hermie now is slim to none, people mistake a few nanas as a plant going hermie but it's not so even if you do find the odd nana it isn't a problem, just have patience for the plant to be ready and enjoy.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

on a sidenote..ive had ak 47 from serious for over 6 years and i recon at least 0ver 25 generations, and just on the last 2 clonings ive started to see bananas on the top cola..ive been paying close attention to them and picking them off but they are increasing with each subsecqent cloning so ive decided to cull her out of the rotation after this harverst...that ,is pretty damn good in my eyes for a strain,considering mk ultra wanted to go bananas on the third cloning...the best has been dutchmans royal orange,which we had for over 9 years with out any problems ,until whiteflys overwhelmed them and they had to be culled out...my lesson in this all from you guys and me is..ALWAYs if you can,lift yer plants,look under them for bananas,because they can happen at anytime,with any strain,and even under perfect conditions theres nothing you can do about it but pick em off or get rid of them....whew,bonghits all around fellas
rockin into the night
Redforlife

Post by Redforlife »

I just had some on mine - was a cross between ((OG SFV/Chem4) x C99) - considering the heritage, it was always likely I suppose. Don't think a couple of light issues helped me, but I nipped them off, and only brought them down about 4 days early.

First time cloned as well, but it's now gone in the bin. Apart from the buds of course :mrgreen: