wheelchair accessible shops

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
zigball

wheelchair accessible shops

Post by zigball »

Me and a friend in a chair are coming for 4/20 for 5 nights.

If anyone has any personal experiences about somewhat accessible shops, could you please let me know? I have been 5x, its his first. A few stairs are no big deal, we just need wider doorways...

tool175

Post by tool175 »

I don't think Homegrown Fantasy would be a problem. Dutch Flowers has tables outside.
"To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late, And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds, For the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods"
Horatius at the Gate
Boner

Post by Boner »

Softland is very accessible!
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
milehigh

Post by milehigh »

I would try Amnesia. Two wide doorways and some room to move around too. Not to mention top gear and great people.

milehigh
Boner

Post by Boner »

milehigh wrote:I would try Amnesia. Two wide doorways and some room to move around too. Not to mention top gear and great people.

milehigh
Good call!!
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
zigball

Post by zigball »

Thanks for the quick replies! Any more info would be great!

Zig
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

My friend "Tourmaster" has a coffeeshop site with some specific info on wheelchair access:
http://www.tourmaster.freeuk.com/
He hasn't updated it for a while because he's quit all forms of smoking for health reasons but it might still be helpful.
Valo

Post by Valo »

I think most coffeeshops are accessable for wheelchair use from the outside, it's just inside that you have to be a little careful of.

Places like Blue Brothers, La Canna (not that I would recommend this place to anyone!), Mellow Yellow and the Rokerij III (on Amstel) all have steps leading to the weed counter once inside.

Also some shops have very narrow gangways or little space in general - Pink Floyd (one of my faves), Picasso and Grey Area come to mind as getting a little cramped at busy periods.

Apart from the places mentioned by other members, Bagheera and Basjoe (next to each other) have a good outside seating area as does the Old Church if you don't mind the red light district.

Can't really help with the wider doorways though as not something I ever noticed to be honest.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~