Melkweg

Culture, Events, Tourism, Living and Working there, etc.
dhoni182

Melkweg

Post by dhoni182 »

When I am in Amsterdam I plan to go to the Melkweg to see a concert, anyone ever been here?

Whats the place like, would you recommend it and what its like bar wise is it easy to get a drink at it? The event I am going to is hosted by High Times so am guessing it might be possible to smoke at it or near it?

Marco

Re: Melkweg

Post by Marco »

I was just there the other night, it is a very nice venue. Security is generally chill although I don't know how they feel about weed inside. It is probably ok but these days you never know.

Bar is mad easy to get a drink at and they have Leffe Blonde on tap.
Balou

Post by Balou »

Nothing wrong with the venue itself, located just off one of the busiest squares in town Leidseplein. The bar can get very busy at times but not sure what you really asking. They have been enforcing a no smoking policy inside the Melkweg for a couple of years now. I went to a concert there not long ago hosted by DNA and people were being thrown out for smoking.
Are you stoned? Like a gravel road bitch, like a gravel road!
Rob_OG

Post by Rob_OG »

Saw Billy Bragg here on Sunday with my wife. About a five minute walk from the bust station on Marnixstraat, where the Zandvoort bus runs from. It's a nice venue - small, good bar service, floor not too sticky.

It's only a 10 minute walk up the road to Eerste Hulp, 45 seconds to Crush, 2 minutes to Bulldog or stand around outside and smoke with everyone else.
If Frankenstein came face-to-face with the monster Marijuana, he would drop dead of fright.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

sounds like the Op is going to the Cup,, last year we had no problems lighting up , as for the bar area I guess it can get busy at times
enjoy yourself do worry about the small things :)

might see you there :)
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Only been in twice I think (Nas and CC closing ceremony) blazed no probs both times
-
Lafe

Post by Lafe »

A couple of years ago Willie Nelson played the Melkweg and Snoop Dogg stopped by. I reckon there was blazing a' plenty going on in there.
"Laif" with a long "a".