Ghost 420 day 2 17/04/2023

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Ghost

Ghost 420 day 2 17/04/2023

Post by Ghost »

Ghost & Mike 420 - Day 2 - 17/04/2023

I am up early around 8am and have had a shower made a cup T and loaded my Dab Machine up with a glob of Apple Fritter and I am out on the balcony in to another Dull and Damp Amsterdam Morning. Mike emerges on to his balcony just after 9am with a spliff hanging out of his mouth and a cup of coffee, we have a Wake 'n' Bake and a few brews until 9.30 and then make our way out in to the cold day, it is nothing like last years weather and doesn't look overly good for the remainder of the week. I haven't packed any hoodies or jumpers just T shirts and a thin bomber jacket :lol: wish I had checked before I left and not filled my bag with dabbing equipment :lol: :wink:

We stroll up Van Woustraat a short distance to the next tram stop so we can smoke the spliffs we had rolled :mrgreen: and jump on the number 4 up to Rembrandtplein disembarking at the stop in the square and head on over to St James Gate for a breakfast, it is pretty empty when we go in and our orders are taken quickly 2 x full Irish 2 x Cup T and 2 x Fresh Orange Juice :D I don't have a cooked breakfast everyday though :lol:

3 sausage, 2 fried egg, 2 bacon, beans, 2 hash brown, round of toast with Jam and Butter :D (old pic as I forgot to take one, yes I know they are not hash browns :lol: )

I saw this old tram rolling through the square as we left the Cafe and managed to get a quick pic of it :D Image

Couple of pics of the pretty quiet square as we made our way on the shoe lace express up Reguliersdwarsstraat towards the shops along the Kalverstraat, I really need to buy a jumper or hoodie as it is bloody cold, so we pop in and out of a few sports shops etc but most hoodies are nearly a 100 euro and all have weird detailing on them :lol: after about an hour I manage to find a reasonable hoodie for 35euro which had 50 percent off :thumbup: :D so snapped that up and what a difference it made when I put it on, well happy :D

We have the meet at 1pm at the GreenPlace along Haarlemmerstraat with the ACD crew, which is now only an hour away so we continue strolling until we hit Dam Square

and cross it dodging a few people and bikes to carry on walking up along Nieuwendijk stopping to pick up a cheap grinder and a small glass pipe for smoking hash in, I forgot to pack my Mighty this trip :lol: We hit Haarlemmerstraat and enter the coffeeshop GreenPlace nothing like the old Picasso's back in the day.

The layout has changed upon entering the shop with the bud tender and drinks counter now in the centre of the room and bench seating with cushions :lol: either side of this, the downstairs counter and seating is mostly wooden and looks modern and smart 8). I like the look of this shop and doesn't seem as busy as their other shop in the RLD :thumbup:.

I quickly scan the menu and grab 1G Wizz Kalifia and order a peach iced T, I look to my left as there is a chap stood next to me and it is @ Occasional Bowl so we say Hello's and all make our way up the stairs which do not seem as steep as they used to be either :?: to the loft area :thumbup: it doesn't seem as big as it was in the old days to me and long gone are all the old board games etc. This to is looking very modern and clean with a long bench seat down one side with tables and a few other seating area's on the other side.

We perch ourselves just to the left of the stairs and start to get a little session started and just as we are about to light up @Lemming @Igraine appear from the stairs, I personally think they smelt the doobies :lol: quick hello's were exchanged and then someone from another table came over it was @ Marok21 :D 8) greetings exchanged we quickly switched tables so we could get a session going on and the dabs started while everyone made a joint or smoked a pipe loaded their vapes, the chat was flowing :mrgreen: and then another forum member @MJ from the Stud joined us :D to say hello and say about the private session we had been invited to later in the week :thumbup: :mrgreen: Great to meet you guys :D 8) :mrgreen:

(Pic Credit @Lemming) @the Session @ Coffeeshop GreenPlace were @Marok21 @Ghost @Lemming @Igraine @MJ @Occasional Bowl @Mike + blurry faces :lol:

Marok21 mentioned that he was only in town until later that evening, so in the interest of the ACD 420 I handed him a brownie and a 420 bag which I was handing out again this year :D, so we all made a plan to take a casual walk on over to coffeeshop Bagheera's

Casual stroll down to Bagheera's 8)

We all pile in to Bagheera's and order from the menu, I needed a restock on the Lemon Bubble and order a couple more grams, proper quality :mrgreen: and a peach iced T and enter the smoking area which was reasonably quiet, we perched ourselves in a corner and we were able to move the next table to make one big table 8) :D and proceeded to get the session started with a dab and then loaded the glass pipe up with some of that Lemon Bubble and @Marok21 kindly gave me some of his hash to lace the top of the pipe with :mrgreen: Thanks Man :thumbup: The 2grams just purchased went up in smoke at that table while the chat was going down and the smoke was in the air :D :mrgreen:

ACD Crew in attendance at Bagheera's session were @Lemming @Igraine @OB @Marok21 @Mike @Ghost

After blazing it up for a while @Marok21 had to say his goodbyes :wave: and head off, while we all carried that session on for a little longer after a bit @Ghost and Mike said their goodbyes to the crew that was left and took a casual stroll down towards Rembrantplien to jump on the tram and head back to the hotel, as it's the norm the kettle is flicked on and a balcony dab shortly followed :mrgreen: :D while Mike made his phone calls home :thumbup: I cleaned my glass out and put fresh water in and also put the machine on charge briefy :D

We are back on the street just before 7 and make our way up to the top of town and stop in the New York Pizza for a few slices of pizza to keep the hunger pans at bay and then proceed towards the Tribe a new venue for us to try out but @Lemming has been told that all forms of pure consumption are allowed so we are there :D 8) :mrgreen:

Ghost and Mike head on in, there are a couple of people sat near the door but other than that it is fairly empty, we order a couple of bottles of beer and head to the back of the place to take a seat and wait for the rest of the ACD crew to arrive. I get the rig out and load it up with a glob of Apple Fritter

Inside the Tribe :thumbup:

Shortly @Lemming @Igraine @OccasionalBowl arrived got themselves a beer and joined us at the back, we had a pretty good spot with a reasonable sized electronic table with games in, which were messing with Lemmings head the longer the evening went on :lol:

Having a Giggle around the table :lol:

The session continued in to the night with plenty of smoking & dabbing going down and the beers flowing nicely, the vibe was good and the chat flowed, we all got nicely wasted in here :D :lol:

Is it Bedtime Yet :D

ACD Crew in Attendance were @Lemming @Igraine @Ghost @OccasionalBowl @Mike

At this point Ghost & Mike said our goodbyes and started the stroll back towards our hotel as we had long missed the last tram, we stopped for some more frites as we walked.

Couple Pics from the night stroll back to the hotel.

Back in the room we get the kettle on, Mike makes a smoke and I load the pipe up with some greenery and a nice healthy layer of hash for the bedtime hit :D :mrgreen: We say our goodnights after around an hour and set the time for the morning :lol:

Well another Fantastic Day in Town with The ACD Gang - I enjoyed the day with you all :!: Thanks Guys :thumbup: :D 8) :mrgreen:

Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
CopenhagenCouple

Re: Ghost 420 day 2 17/04/2023

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Awesome read @Ghost 😁👍 Really enjoyed that, also some great pictures of familiar faces (blurred and unblurred alike 🤣). A bit sad I missed out, hope to make up for it next year :mrgreen:
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
macky

Post by macky »

Great read 8)
CopenhagenCouple wrote: Sun 30th Apr 2023 05:24 pm Awesome read @Ghost 😁👍 Really enjoyed that, also some great pictures of familiar faces (blurred and unblurred alike 🤣). A bit sad I missed out, hope to make up for it next year :mrgreen:
Was thinking same thing :wink: KLM got free stop over with my flying blue points 420 2024 Dam and then Spain NuggZ got my interest up :mrgreen:
docgonzo42

Post by docgonzo42 »

Hey Ghost....Told you Id make good use of the bag. Enjoyed meeting you and looking forward to next year.
Attachments
Amsterdam Collage 2023.jpg
Amsterdam Collage 2023.jpg (344.08 KiB) Viewed 1359 times
Someone asked me to describe a perfect date. I said April 25th: it's not too cold and not too hot.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Another great read Ghost, thanks. Also some nice pics of Amsterdam and of the 420 crew. :mrgreen:
The weather maybe crapping, but the 420 gang is looking good. :D

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Nice words and pictures. Thanks for that. Wish I'd seen that vintage tram.
Looking forward to day 3.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

I can’t see pics? Is it my ancient phone?

Great reporting, loved day 1 and 2, kept me going nicely whilst working away. 🔥🔥💨💨👍🏻💚