24-27th Otober 23

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
jiffa

24-27th Otober 23

Post by jiffa »

First time having a go at a travelogue will see what I can remember from 4 days of good smoking :mrgreen:

Day 1
Starting off with the 6.05am flight so no real sleep the night before, we pile into a taxi at 3 bells and we are on our way, get to airport in what felt like light speed (think driver had somewhere else to be) bag checked in and out for a pre-flight smoke. Through security and patiently wait on gate to open.
Window Gazing
Window Gazing
2265.jpg (5.18 KiB) Viewed 874 times
All good with the flight we arrive nice and early an early site that we have arrived
Step outside before getting train
Step outside before getting train
2268.jpg (5.05 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
Check in is not until 1pm so we have a couple of hours to pass,first stop for breakfast smoke is Bagheera as its just around corner from apartment and start off with some Lemon Bubble absolute bargain at 10e/g spent a couple of hours and also tried the Huey Newton 14e/g. mates got various bits but the Planet Purple stood out.

Check into apartment and get settled smoke through the last of the Bagheera stash, wash change and we step out into a wet Amsterdam
Bit of rain never hurt anyone
Bit of rain never hurt anyone
2273.jpg (6.04 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
a bit of rain won't dampen the mood as we make our way to an old favourite
It will always be de Kuil
It will always be de Kuil
2453.jpg (6.37 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
the menu in here has been the most consistent I've seen in 26 years of visiting great if you like the old school strains
de Kuil menu (classic)
de Kuil menu (classic)
2280.jpg (5.4 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
and when you get parked in the best spot
View from the best seat in Amsterdam (In my humble opinion)
View from the best seat in Amsterdam (In my humble opinion)
2445.jpg (3.73 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
you feel like your home. Had the Blueberry a brilliant example and a repeat purchase also got some Pineapple Chunk, think we smoked everything on the menu between us. We left and decided on a quick spliff and stock up for the apartment so a stop off at het Gelderse on the way picked up some Black Runtz 15e/g and a nice example of Lemon Haze 12e/g then a quick Shoarma stop
Has to be done
Has to be done
2337.jpg (7.24 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
and back to the digs for a munch and smoke the days purchases
Table spread
Table spread
2308.jpg (5.56 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
bringing a long but good first day to a close.

Day 2

Up and at it wake and bake time and then we are heading to Tyson 2.0 one of my mates is a massive boxing fan so the combination of Tyson and a place to have a smoke is something we have to investigate passed this on the way
Argus
Argus
2289.jpg (7.08 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
, get to Tyson 2.0 early so its not that busy, it has quite a packed menu
Tyson 2.0 menu
Tyson 2.0 menu
2295.jpg (7.22 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
but I decided to bite (no pun intended) and go for the Intergalactic Toad
Price is crazy but I'm on holiday
Price is crazy but I'm on holiday
2307.jpg (4.67 KiB) Viewed 1049 times
have to say despite the price it was a really nice bit of flower, it was pouring outside so we settled in for a sesh various other bits bought through the morning standout was Girl Scout Cookies really good example.

After a while we hatch a plan to go to Amnesia during a break in the rain back into the soggy streets of Amsterdam with a happy baked glow and that lovely stoned just happy to be here expression on the faces wander by this place
I'm sure it means something else
I'm sure it means something else
2297.jpg (7.27 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
Last edited by jiffa on Tue 31st Oct 2023 09:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jail for growing a plant laughed the gypsy!
jiffa

Re: 24-27th Otober 23

Post by jiffa »

Day 2 Continued

On our way we have a very surreal and what can only be explained as an Amsterdam moment bloke was trying to push a testing trailer on his own but was struggling why he thought to ask 4 stoners for help was on him, but we played our part helped move it amazingly not taking out the pole and the bike
Pole and bike intact
Pole and bike intact
2299.jpg (4.41 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
Get inside Amnesia just as it starts pouring a well timed walk and now to settle in and get smoking, decided on some Ice Cream Cake for starters
Ice Cream Cake
Ice Cream Cake
2353.jpg (5.1 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
really nice, various other bits bought by everyone as always a strong menu
Amnesia Flower Menu
Amnesia Flower Menu
2483.jpg (4.11 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
we end up spending the next few hours dodging the rain and filling our lungs tried some of the Banana OG Filtered nice crumbly hash and lovely taste
Banana OG Filtered
Banana OG Filtered
2512.jpg (3.8 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
After a while we take our chances and head for some food and back to the apartment.

Night time we head out and one of my mates wants to watch the football so we find a smoker friendly bar to watch the match and smoke through whats left from Amnesia, football done time to head to Solo for a last hour smoke and stock up for the night, we get there just after 11 and the budtender says its cool to smoke till 11.45 then he's closing up delighted I tell him that'll do fine and purchase some Big Buddha Cheese 13e/g great example and some Rinse 20e/g another lovely bit of flower
Solo Menu
Solo Menu
2468.jpg (35.58 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
Day 2 coming to an end back to thee digs and a nice little stash to work through
Day 2 stash
Day 2 stash
2348.jpg (4.65 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
Day 3

The main reason we came on this trip was because we lost two of our closest one being the dad of two my mates and the other more like a brother, we spent many happy times in Amsterdam over 25 years plus and felt it would be nice to scatter some of their ashes at Vondelpark a place where many a spliff was shared on a summers day, This will be only my 2nd tram ride in all the years of visiting but first we have to get Metro, tickets purchased and we are on our way
Rokin Metro
Rokin Metro
2356.jpg (4.7 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
we get to Vondelpark and go for a walk and find a nice spot
Vondelpark
Vondelpark
2411.jpg (5.1 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
we smoke a couple of spliffs and remember some of the good times and then decide to head to Old Church, first time visiting the new shop the original shop was a place we spent many hours people watching from the windows upstairs so I was surprised that the female budtender with the big curly hair from the original shop was sitting in the new shop we had a smoke and reminisced about times in the old place
If you know, you know
If you know, you know
2439.jpg (21.94 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
again more bits bought and a few hours pass, Zoap was the stand out purchase
Old Church Menu
Old Church Menu
2426.jpg (7.22 KiB) Viewed 1028 times
After grabbing something to eat and a quick stop off at the digs to freshen up we head to Solo it's busy so grab a bit of Mango Sapphire Filtered 16e/g very soft piece of hash and we head back to de Kuil for a smoke, more Blueberry picked up was really loving the flavour on this batch.

Back to the digs to smoke today's collection of bits and get set for heading home tomorrow
jiffa

Post by jiffa »

Day 4 Homeward Bound

Last day sure comes around fast in this wonderful city but our flights not until 10.40pm so we have a full day of smoking to enjoy, we leave the digs just after 11am and set up camp in Amnesia after de Kuil was to busy pick up a couple of bits Black Cherry Gushers and some Double Stuffed Sorbet
Double Stuffed Sorbet
Double Stuffed Sorbet
2514.jpg (3.64 KiB) Viewed 1027 times
a nice soft hash easy to work with.

We stayed until 5pm and decided time for something to eat before heading to airport, only one place to go for me at this point
Batavia
Batavia
IMG20231027190218[1].jpg (1.86 MiB) Viewed 1027 times
after a bite to eat we smoke the last and build a couple for the pre-flight smoke at airport.

Met this fella at Central
The people you meet
The people you meet
IMG20231027191639[1].jpg (1.78 MiB) Viewed 1027 times
and then onto the airport, you know its over when you see this
Home Time
Home Time
2504.jpg (4.71 KiB) Viewed 1027 times
And so another visit comes to an end, until the next time
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Good read , some nice smokes there 👍nice idea with the ashes 🙏