The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2024

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Occasional Bowl

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2024

Post by Occasional Bowl »

I will be going early on the 18th to the Keukenhof (hope I can get up in time). Hopefully will be back in Amsterdam in time for
any possible trip to Zandvoort. I didn't want to do the 19th to the Keukenhof because it might mean missing the trip out to the Stud.
@Ghost - if it's not too late I'm up for the Rum Barrel.

Hang on to your head
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Occasional Bowl wrote: Sun 17th Mar 2024 01:58 pm I will be going early on the 18th to the Keukenhof (hope I can get up in time). Hopefully will be back in Amsterdam in time for
any possible trip to Zandvoort. I didn't want to do the 19th to the Keukenhof because it might mean missing the trip out to the Stud.
@Occasional Bowl, Sam & I are going the 19th. We're leaving Centraal at 8:30am. We should be back by 1:30pm. Plenty of time to make over to the Stud by 3:00pm. You're more than welcome to join us, if you like.

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
matty223

Post by matty223 »

Well, go again, sorry to say. I have to cancel, but it is for a good reason. We're opening a cannabis dispensary in Manhattan on 420 places. Gonna be called stoops. Dand I'm gonna be the manager of the back end. Inventory control so I have to be there. I cannot take any vacations for at least a year or so. Lots of inventory log into the new computer system.Hope you all have a great 420.Hopefully, I'll be able to get there next year.Peace out
Roll on

Matty
docgonzo42

Post by docgonzo42 »

Went to book the cheese tasting yesterday and all of April,May,and June have been sold out so ill miss the cheese and wine. So I guess I'll have to get my cheese from a coffeeshop.
Someone asked me to describe a perfect date. I said April 25th: it's not too cold and not too hot.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Occasional Bowl wrote: Sun 17th Mar 2024 01:58 pm
Hi @OB yes no problem, your on the list. I am going to book a table for 10 which should cover us all, I have contacted them and am just waiting on a reply, so hopefully we will all be good 8) :thumbup: The booking will be from 6pm 8) which should give us enough time to enjoy the Stud session and make our way up to the Rum Barrel

Anyone heard anything from Maroc or CopenhagenCouple or any of the others :?: If they are able to make it in to town at all during 420
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Trad

Post by Trad »

I sent Smirks a PM but have received no reply. We could try sending a few PMs.

Sorry we won't be seeing you Matty223 but am glad that you are doing great in the new career. Hopefully next year.

Hey Docgonzo, maybe turn up and see if there are any no shows. Wouldn't take long to find out.

Roll on 420
If I don't see you no more in this world, I'll meet you on the next one.
JMH
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I think maybe we should take our own bongs, vapes, joints etc on to the boat, just in case :D. We can make it into a smoke box as usual. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm reminded of the first time Macky chartered the Smoke Boat in 2017. We thoroughly ACDed that crew!

https://coffeeshopdirect.com/forum/view ... 97#p406697

Batavia after the boat would certainly be convenient. Docgonzo suggests Abraxas.

It would be nice to check out some other friendly bars, like Susie's, at some point. This link should lead to a view of cigarettes on the bar and Banksy in Susie's https://www.google.com/maps/@52.3716858 ... ?entry=ttu

That was 2016 and I seem to recall it wasn't as permissive as Batavia last year. Having said that, I can't remember exactly what the restrictions in each different place were and it might have changed again by now anyway. Generally the places along the Warmoesstraat strip seemed pretty cool last year.

Another place worth a visit is Hunters Bar by Rembrandtplein. It's nice to have a different selection of coffeeshops nearby to replenish supplies and there's a good few around there (and Smokey :lol: ). Rembrandtplein isn't too far out of the centre and is well served by trams and night busses.

Actually, maybe we should schedule something around there for one day, taking in Old Church and maybe checking out Hashtag?
Trad

Post by Trad »

@Lemming,
The evening of the 18th is open.

Roll on 420.
JMH
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Hey, it's the 20th today. Just one month till 4/20!

@Trad - activities on the 18th are rather dependent upon whether we make it to Zandvoort. If we do, then once everyone has arrived at Siberië and we've assembled the expeditionary force, a 30-minute train ride and we might get there about 6. We could, say, pop into Hunter's, which is right by the station, then stroll along the seafront, maybe grabbing some food along the way to Yanks. Directly to the station and we might be back in Amsterdam about 9 or 10. So, yes, a friendly bar then would be good. If some have stayed behind then it would be an opportunity to reunite.

Incidentally, I know Tam Tam is no longer run by Yanks but I don't know what happens there now or whether there are any other friendly beach bars these days. The racetrack is to the north, in the opposite direction to the coffeeshops. Not sure how much there is to be seen there if there's no race on. Igraine proudly boasts to have seen racing there.

Whether we make it to Zandvoort is probably dependent on the weather. By about a week before, we may have a clue from forecasts. At the moment they're predicting dry and cool.

So many coffeeshops, so little time! There are still a few outlying places I've not seen: Atlas and Hunter's Bros in the north, Roots and Best Friends Zuidoost in the southeast, The Border in the south, Bullwackie in the southwest, Terminator, Loft and Watersnip in the west. I wish we could stay longer and get all these in but, as discussed, accommodation is prohibitively expensive.

Regarding bars, I think it would be fun to aim for different ones each night, rather than just Batavia. There's Kashmir, Sound Garden, Susies, Hunters, the Warmoesstraat strip and others. Some combine nicely with surrounding coffeeshops (Sound Garden with 1e Hulp, Funkey Munkey and others; Hunters with Hashtag, Old Church and others). It might be nice to get to those areas a bit earlier so that we have time to explore.

So:

17th - we're arriving a bit earlier this year so will probably pop into Ballonnetje for first stock up and vape as it's close to our hotel (anyone welcome to join us there if you want). Probably eat next and then into town to meet whoever is around at 8. Still flexible on where that should be.

18th - as discussed, we could aim for a bar about 9 or 10.

19th - after Rum Barrel and Best Friends Oost we might be ready for the next venue by about 8. Tram 14 stops at Rembrandtplein so that might fit well with that area, leading to Hunters.

20th - Boat should drop us outside Centraal Station a bit after 9pm. That's close to Batavia but it's also right by the tram and metro stops so we could go just about anywhere, including Kashmir.

21st - after Spirit there was talk of pizza on Haarlemmerdijk. That would have us walking back into town along Haarlemmerstraat, passing the likes of Barney's Uptown, La Grotte and AmsterdamCoffeeshop Café. If not pizza there, we could head the other way towards Sound Garden or Leidseplein, which have better transport links.

22nd - if we finish up at Yo-Yo then we could grab tram 4, which stops at Rembrandtplein, Dam and Centraal. That might be an alternative opportunity to hit the Rembrandtplein cluster or from Dam to Susies. It's possible that the evening session might start a bit earlier so we might have time to do more. It's also probably the last night for many of us so might want to do something special. Trad and Gapie may want another duel!

So, six evenings to schedule. Shall we try to allocate a different bar to each? (oh yeah, Batavia is closed on Mondays so not an option for 22nd).

Whadayathink?
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Lemming wrote: Wed 20th Mar 2024 05:57 pm Hey, it's the 20th today. Just one month till 4/20!

@Trad - activities on the 18th are rather dependent upon whether we make it to Zandvoort. If we do, then once everyone has arrived at Siberië and we've assembled the expeditionary force, a 30-minute train ride and we might get there about 6. We could, say, pop into Hunter's, which is right by the station, then stroll along the seafront, maybe grabbing some food along the way to Yanks. Directly to the station and we might be back in Amsterdam about 9 or 10. So, yes, a friendly bar then would be good. If some have stayed behind then it would be an opportunity to reunite.

Incidentally, I know Tam Tam is no longer run by Yanks but I don't know what happens there now or whether there are any other friendly beach bars these days. The racetrack is to the north, in the opposite direction to the coffeeshops. Not sure how much there is to be seen there if there's no race on. Igraine proudly boasts to have seen racing there.

Whether we make it to Zandvoort is probably dependent on the weather. By about a week before, we may have a clue from forecasts. At the moment they're predicting dry and cool.

So many coffeeshops, so little time! There are still a few outlying places I've not seen: Atlas and Hunter's Bros in the north, Roots and Best Friends Zuidoost in the southeast, The Border in the south, Bullwackie in the southwest, Terminator, Loft and Watersnip in the west. I wish we could stay longer and get all these in but, as discussed, accommodation is prohibitively expensive.

Regarding bars, I think it would be fun to aim for different ones each night, rather than just Batavia. There's Kashmir, Sound Garden, Susies, Hunters, the Warmoesstraat strip and others. Some combine nicely with surrounding coffeeshops (Sound Garden with 1e Hulp, Funkey Munkey and others; Hunters with Hashtag, Old Church and others). It might be nice to get to those areas a bit earlier so that we have time to explore.

So:

17th - we're arriving a bit earlier this year so will probably pop into Ballonnetje for first stock up and vape as it's close to our hotel (anyone welcome to join us there if you want). Probably eat next and then into town to meet whoever is around at 8. Still flexible on where that should be.

18th - as discussed, we could aim for a bar about 9 or 10.

19th - after Rum Barrel and Best Friends Oost we might be ready for the next venue by about 8. Tram 14 stops at Rembrandtplein so that might fit well with that area, leading to Hunters.

20th - Boat should drop us outside Centraal Station a bit after 9pm. That's close to Batavia but it's also right by the tram and metro stops so we could go just about anywhere, including Kashmir.

21st - after Spirit there was talk of pizza on Haarlemmerdijk. That would have us walking back into town along Haarlemmerstraat, passing the likes of Barney's Uptown, La Grotte and AmsterdamCoffeeshop Café. If not pizza there, we could head the other way towards Sound Garden or Leidseplein, which have better transport links.

22nd - if we finish up at Yo-Yo then we could grab tram 4, which stops at Rembrandt Plein, Dam and Centraal. That might be an alternative opportunity to hit the Rembrandtplein cluster or from Dam to Susies. It's possible that the evening session might start a bit earlier so we might have time to do more. It's also probably the last night for many of us so might want to do something special. Trad and Gapie may want another duel!

So, six evenings to schedule. Shall we try to allocate a different bar to each? (oh yeah, Batavia is closed on Mondays so not an option for 22nd).

Whadayathink?

Here's what I think. :lol: :wink:

17th...I'm not there. :(

18th...If you guys get back early, "The Bottle, next to 420 would be nice for a drink and smoke. It'll be an early night for me, as I'm getting up early the next day, to go with Samatha to the gardens on the 19th. :)

Speaking of the 19th, where's a good place where we all can meet around 2-2:30pm before heading over to the Stud?

On the 20th, I like the idea of jumping on the tram & head south with a bunch of happy ACD'ers :mrgreen: after our boat tour, and jump into Kashmir for a session or three, then head to the lounge next door. :D

The 21st for me is a crap shoot. If our minds say yes to that delicious pizza, but our bodies say no, let's reverse course to find food and transport. But if everyone says yes to pizza, then I'm heading over there with you for some of that delicious pizza!! :lol:

On the 22nd, after cruising De Pijp, moving over to the Rembrandtplein for food, smoke and drinks would be good.

I also like the idea of moving to different & new locations around the city each night, for smoke & drinks. Keeps it fresh, and if we don't like it where we're at, we'll venture someplace, but staying close to the tram lines. :wink:

AzLaker
8)
Trad

Post by Trad »

I was just looking at the Spirit coffeeshop on Google maps and there is a video in the shop. As the camera scans the area, we get a very good shot of Gapie standing front and center.

I agree with Lemming and AzLaker in regards to a different bar each night.
JMH
docgonzo42

Post by docgonzo42 »

Just a quick note....YoYo closes at 7:00 everyday but loving this bounding forward attitude and excitement...I think truly even on the days it's going to be a "we'll where we going now" party. Looking forward to it all
Someone asked me to describe a perfect date. I said April 25th: it's not too cold and not too hot.
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

One more hurdle overcome. one more to go this afternoon. If all goes well I'll be booking my flight tonight!

:mrgreen:
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Also, just to make you all aware there will probably be dj's playing very loud house music in Kashmir Lounge the night of 420. I love it but some may not.
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

jollylittlehun wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2024 10:25 am One more hurdle overcome. one more to go this afternoon. If all goes well I'll be booking my flight tonight!

:mrgreen:
@jollylittlehun, make sure you jump just a little bit higher over that last huddle. :lol: We want you to cross the finish line and make it over to Amsterdam. :mrgreen:
jollylittlehun wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2024 10:27 am Also, just to make you all aware there will probably be dj's playing very loud house music in Kashmir Lounge the night of 420. I love it but some may not.
No problem. If we don't like it, we'll just move on. :lol:

AzLaker
8)