Ciscos Volcano Vacation !(finished lots o pics)

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Cisco

Ciscos Volcano Vacation !(finished lots o pics)

Post by Cisco »

420 Trip

I think I have started all my reports with the following words , so why should this be any different ? “to say I had been looking forward to this trip is an understatement” there its out ! Lol

Well I had this time ! I joined ACD in March last year I think ? Just as a lot of members were getting ready for their trips , you could feel the buzz and excitement radiating of the pages ! And then afterwards with everyone’s trip reports ! Jeez let me tell you , just me to you for a minute ! Come closer ! I KNEW I WOULD BE AT 420 2010 ! I booked the time off work like 8 months before ! Alas it was not to happen that way as you all know , it was gonna be an EPIC 420 that’s for sure !? So same time next year folks ? I look forward to meeting some of you out there (no names as I don’t wanna be accused of favouritism ! Lol

So the news of the volcano was a bit of a bummer to say the least ! I’m sure like a lot of you all I was on tenterhooks for days , people at work taking the piss “ah you wont be going to the Dam then eh?lol” with my usual reply something like “if I have to swim I will get to the Dam!” So broke up for work on the Friday still full of hope that I would be off to Amsterdam come Monday ! How wrong I was !

I had received an e-mail from the people that we were renting the apartment from if we were still coming ? Well I sure hope so dude and I aint cancelling just yet ! So stuck to the news/internet all weekend to reveal a cancelled flight bummer , no probs just book for tomorrow right ? Unfortunately the people I was travelling with had to cancel as they cannot be as flexible at work as myself !

I would just like to throw out a couple of special mentions at this point ! Spidergawd big up fella really appreciate the offer of a lift if I cold have got down much respect ! Also shout out to Bongbhoy who also offered me a lift over on the Sunday but as they would be coming back sooner than I wished I declined the offer ! Thanks anyway dude again much respect ! Also the peeps from the apartment (Amsterdam Cribs) were very decent when I had to finally cancel , they did not charge us the first night rate as it says on their website so very decent !

19th of April consisted of being well pissed off , being pissed off with everyone else, on the forum , and checking alternate methods of travel (I had booked my flight for the next day 420) checked the ferry from Newcastle would be a viable method but pretty pricey for a lonesome traveller ! Checked the Train/ferry from Harwich which in itself seemed pretty hard for my pissed off mind to comprehend the booking methods !

420 flight cancelled twice ! Well pissed off never even had any smoke ! To say I was in a nasty ass mood !? Well I ended up heading out the house for a while to get some relief from newscasts / internet ! Nipped down to see my cousin walked in and him and a mate of mine were smoking some polm ! Ah nice one its not 16.20 yet but its looking up ! After a general moan/bitch my cous informs me he has a wee bit green he could spare me !! Just a wee £10 bit but hey I got to smoke a fat J of green at 16.20 ok not Amsterdam grade or in Amsterdam for that matter but hey I chilled for a while at least !

Get myself up the road for my scran etc check the news hit the internet and have to decide one way or another what am I going to do ?
Option 1 do feck all and stay at home maybe go back to work and use the holiday another time ?
Option 2 keep re-booking my flight until I get there ! If that entails more time off cool !
Option 3 look at other methods of travel ?

Well option three it is then I finally bite the bullet and pick the coach !!!!! Edinburgh-London-Amsterdam now I know its going to be a healthy journey and if I am doing it I am having my full intended stay (4 nights ) I am due back at work on the Monday so a txt to my boss sorts that out and I am now off till wed ! get on the net start looking for accommodation end up booking the Hotel Abba mainly down to peoples view on here ! €280 for 4 nights double room no problem a bit pricier than what I would have paid but I had saved up a wee bit extra (who said the Scots were tight? Lol) booked the coach that worked out about £76 I think ? Which is a pretty fair price for a return trip , especially seeing all the miles your doing ! Yikes ! So Tuesday night 20/04 im booked up for Amsterdam and im hopefully thinking this way is foolproof !? I will get there just a lot longer than usual ! So get all my stuff packed up ready to roll so to speak as my coach to London leaves at 09.40 the next day !
Last edited by Cisco on Fri 25th Jun 2010 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

-
Twichaldinho

Re: Ciscos Volcano Vacation !

Post by Twichaldinho »

cisco wrote:420 Trip....

..... Unfortunately the people I was travelling with had to cancel as they cannot be as flexible at work as myself !.......

Guilty as charged :oops:
Great start mate. Keep it up :D
Endure
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Cisco wrote
as my coach to London leaves at 09.40 the next day !.....
Cliff hanger :?
What a long strange trip it is.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

spidergawd wrote:Cisco wrote
as my coach to London leaves at 09.40 the next day !.....
Cliff hanger :?

Big time cliff hanger... looking forward to the next installment!
Amsterdam dreaming.............
boneymaroni

Post by boneymaroni »

I'm all over this one...look forward to your arrival posts
Bilbo Baggins

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Yeah this ones a tale of mans perseverence in the face of adversity--looking forward to following this tale of human endeavour
Dam Square/Damraak Webcam Live http://hdtv.webcam.nl/website/page1/pag ... creen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
islandgurl

Post by islandgurl »

I know you went through a lot to get there, Cisco. Great pissed off reporting so far, looking forward to the rest, my friend :lol:
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Wed 20th April
So im up and about fairly early (well to me I work lates ! :lol: )about 08.00ish get myself washed dressed check all my travel documents/money etc just the usual stuff im sure you all do ? Its not that far into the city centre from mine so no stress down the bottom of the road , get the bus into town !

Couple of spliffs first though eh ? Head out into the wide world thankful that im at last im on my way to Amsterdam ! Yeah ! Get into town quick trip into McDonalds for a breakfast bagel and a coffee then a wee swagger up to St Andrews station for the bus ! Seemed to be a popular route today due to the volcano troubles , no probs still get a seat to myself though ! Bonus :wink: ! I had bought myself a mag and brought a couple of books to while away the hours ! There were to be plenty of them ! :shock: :lol:

Uneventful trip first stop in Newcastle seen St James park (is that Newcastle’s ground?) then back onto the motorway seen the Angel of the North few more stops then we roll into London see Lords cricket ground on the way to Victoria station arrived maybe 20.00/20.30 had to wait till 22.00 for my magical not so mystery tour !

While I was hanging around Victoria I went for a cig , read a bit of my mag the usual time passing stuff went for another cig and realised I was out ! And I also only had a couple of Pound on me !! I had over €800 so went to maybe just cash a pearl diver (€5) and I would have only got like £2 back !! WTF !? Commission charges :shock: ! So go outside anyway and asked some Lithuanian chick if I could buy a cig off her (total scuzzy I know!lol) but she gave me a couple anyway ! Cheers love she even offered me a couple of pound to buy a pack ! I declined the very kind offer ! So the time is getting closer to checking in for my Amsterdam bound coach .

If anyone has done Euro lines out of Victoria they might know this but the place is a shambles ! You have to check in an hour before your coach departs , no problem , you would think !? The place is a shambles the check in is right beside the departure gate , so a lot of people that were checking in / departing on the Paris coach were just standing around in the queue bags/people everywhere ! As I say shambles and it does not seem very structured so im not sure these people realised they were standing in front of people who were trying to check in behind them !? (Jeez im confused just writing that !? Lol) But surely its common sense ?

So the time comes after not too long a wait , bags on the coach a quick call to a mate of mine (I had been sending lots of txts on my journey as well) to say im finally on my way , and were off ! It was pretty cool travelling through London at night got to see Big Ben lit up, The London Eye , City of London/Canary wharf , Gherkin , elephant and Castle , down the Old Kent Road . Got myself settled in double seat to myself sorted , just about falling asleep when we arrived at the Euro Tunnel . This was my first time going through the tunnel and the coach just drives straight onto the train it feels a bit weird !? In a carriage , on the bus , you here the normal train sounds but your on the coach and that’s rocking back and forth ! Too mad ! I think it only takes about half an hour ? All in all very efficient ! Never mind Amsterdam in the morning !

We stop off in France for a rest break got myself some cigs ! yeah !! Lol now this is when things went a bit pear shaped three Aussie/NZ chicks decided to swap coaches and guess what ? Yep you have guessed it one was sitting in my seat when I returned to the coach ! So now I don’t have my double seat and still maybe between six to eight hours to go ! Still managed to fall asleep though for a few hours , woke up about six or so on the slow trawl to Utrecht first then the slow bus to Dam ! Rush hour traffic /road works who knows !?

We arrive into Amsterdam Amstel station at last and we are early maybe only 15 mns or so but hey ?! Basically charge off the bus grab my bag thank the dude and in off practically running to the station proper ! One ticket to Amsterdam Centraal please ? I just jump on the first train I see that’s going to Centraal and it turns out to be the Metro ! I have a train ticket and a Strippen Kaart so I should be fine ? As we arrive at Centraal im up they stairs in a shot to find barriers where you put your ticket in to get let out , well mine does not work !? Oops So I ask the guy to let me out please and he proceeded to tell me it’s a €37.50 fine , yeah whatever dude just let me through im not paying ! He tells me it’s a warning ! I was not really listening to tell you the truth ! (this encounter does in retrospect make me sound pretty rude im not I was just choking to get out into the sun and my holiday started !) so he lets me out , I put Dizzee Rascal “Tounge N Cheek” on the MP3 and im off smiling into the sun ! I knew where I was going first stop Dampkring 2 on the Haarlemmerstraat just soaking up the mid morning sun on the way buzzing that I finally made it !

So first bud buy of the trip I ask about the White Choco but its out so I go for the White Russian €7.50 G nice looking bud maybe a tad too dry , so made the bud smoke harsh still fruity but not so ! Back down stair to see if they have any Sour D ? no dice so I go for the Top Dawg €9.50 G got myself a toasty and a cappuccino and just melted into my surroundings ! 10.40 on my first morning in Mokum and I was sat there grinning like a Cheshire cat (scribble of smile in my notes!lol) just soaking up the vibes , sounds , sights and smells of mid morning Amsterdam ! I think I found that moment of utopia that someone else mentioned recently GEZELLIG ! Is that the right word peeps ? The TD was ok cant really fully comment on taste as my first few spliffs I usually use just a wee touch of tobacco , but bit of a sourish taste cutting through MM nice actually ! Lol !

Take out my ACD map to check where Amnesia is , im not sure if I had visited this shop before ? I think IG is going to be there about 13.00 , I cant check in till 15.00 so I might as well go for a few cheeky spliffs ! Lol I was thinking to myself it was still far too early to meet up with people and I still had my bag so decided to head down to the Hotel Abba and drop off my bags at least ! I got as far as the Rockerij on the Singel ! I asked if they had any Sour D and indeed they did , I mentioned there had been some good reviews of it on the forum €10 right ? No only €9 a G sorted ! I think this is one of the finest if not the only proper Sour d I have smoked to date ?! The other versions I have tried (fav till then HGF) had a nice fruity taste , so has this but also leaves a fruity taste on the lips and an actual sour aftertaste ! I have never had that before !!

I headed round to Amnesia got there about 11.40 one G of Pink Kush please €12 ? All I can say is it tastes pink if that makes sense ?!?! Hung around Amnesia till about 12.35 sorry IG if you did go I could not hang around any longer bus-jag was kicking in ! lol off I stumble bleary eyed , stoned , and confused after my pilgrimage ! :lol: Lol

I ended up just walking down to Leidseplein and onwards to Overtoom (on the way on down Leidsestraat I was accosted by a young gentleman asking where I was from and that his team were playing mine etc , now this may have been a genuine dude but I have my bag etc on me no doubt looking a prime target , but I like to think im streetwise and aware of pickpocket/distraction tactics so firmly but friendly more or less tell him to be on his bike made myself aware of my current surroundings and I was on my way with no problems .

So as per usual googlemapscisco gets me there as usual ,without having to look at a map ! My room is ready I can check in ! yee ha Get myself in my room for some reason unpack my bag !? I usually just live out of it so to speak ! Have a couple of doobs then make the mistake of trying to count my money !? Weed confusion counting re-counting have you been there ? First day overspend trauma ! Lol and it usually turns out you have spent less anyway ! Bonus ! Well I have a smoke get myself freshened up and was at a dilemma what to do ? It was about 14.10 and I had a Toke N Talk scheduled for 18.00 in Basjoe and I wanted to go to Boners Burger Bar first ! I decided just to chill for a couple of hours have a shower ,shave start to feel human again ! A nice big spliff of the Rockerij Sour D its even cutting through the cotton mouth with fruity undertones , with a sour after taste ! I would imagine might not be for everyone’s pallet / discernible taste buds ! BAKED !!!!!

Mornings haul 1G White Russian €7.50 1G Top Dawg €9.50 1G Sour Diesel €9 1G Pink Kush €12 ?

-
islandgurl

Post by islandgurl »

cisco wrote:I headed round to Amnesia got there about 11.40 one G of Pink Kush please €12 ? All I can say is it tastes pink if that makes sense ?!?! Hung around Amnesia till about 12.35 sorry IG if you did go I could not hang around any longer bus-jag was kicking in ! lol off I stumble bleary eyed , stoned , and confused after my pilgrimage ! :lol: Lol

Hell I can't even remember if I went now, cisco :lol: Doesn't matter we met up several times, smoked out, and you got your Reese's Cups. How I love happy endings lol :wink:

Great report and pics so far, cisco, lovin' it.
Embraman

Post by Embraman »

Cracking report mate,the relief you got on that first joint must have been intense :) Some effort to get there,i get pissed waiting on a non-delayed flight,can never wait to get there,Embralady about 5 steps behind till i get a smoke in me lol.Hope the rest of the trip made up for the journey,looking forward to hearing the rest.Thanks for the "enjoy yoursel"message last week.Peace,Embraman
Trips to Amsterdam 50-Trip 51- April 2018
spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

Lovin yer trip man :)
What a long strange trip it is.
baked

Post by baked »

looks very gezellig to me :D
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Top reporting there Cisco, know exactaly what you mean with the counting money recounting whilst stoned, and it never adds up the same twice. :lol:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Pauli Wallnuts

Post by Pauli Wallnuts »

excellent reporting cisco 8)
+
cisco wrote:I was accosted by a young gentleman asking where I was from and that his team were playing mine etc , now this may have been a genuine dude but I have my bag etc on me no doubt looking a prime target , but I like to think im streetwise and aware of pickpocket/distraction tactics so firmly but friendly more or less tell him to be on his bike made myself aware of my current surroundings and I was on my way with no problems
the guy must have been genuine, i mean seriously who in their right mind would try anything stupid with a scottish football fan :wink: :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXbNLkNh ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bilbo Baggins

Post by Bilbo Baggins »

Rokerji Sour Deisel going on my list--looks like you got nice weather in those pics. and well done in even getting there.

Its not only money that freaks me out when I'm abroad, I have a morbid terror of losing my passport and check its still there every five minutes, anyway--carry on
Dam Square/Damraak Webcam Live http://hdtv.webcam.nl/website/page1/pag ... creen.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;