Got a question for my fellow stoners...

Cannabis sans frontieres.
Sky

Re: Got a question for my fellow stoners...

Post by Sky »

Glad to hear it, Cat.
Life is short!

jimi62471

Post by jimi62471 »

ok, cat.. I will speak from experience.. If you were to throw ANY positive test, pre-employment, work mandatory etc.. you are gambling with your nursing license. i will site 2 examples. 1. my friend , we will call him Jerry.. He tested positive for cocaine on a pre -employment test in south carolina. He moved back to PA. guess what, it followed him. he was placed on a national registry after he was approached by BOTH state nursing boards. He was not able to work as a nurse for about 5 months until the dust cleared.. then had to be in a VRP( voluntary recovery program) with random testing up to 4 times a month, (observed urine) , for 3 years. never made it through, so he is now in school to be a plumber. 2. friend b. we will call her jane.. worked on a floor whe meds came up missing. ( she had nothing to do with the missing meds) but ALL nurses on that floor had to pee. she came back positive for a completely unrelated drug. ( thc) but same stuff, couldn't work for a while and then the mandatory testing. take a job with no meds, where there would be no policy, i.e. insurance etc.. ( i speak from experience) then it is just a matter of laying low and keeping others out of your business. I am taking my first trip to Amsterdam in November, and as far as work knows , "I am going to Europe for a 40th b-day present to myself" details will not be provided to them. my business not theirs ( that's why it's called "personal" time, and not "their fucking business" time) . I am a terrific nurse, with oodles of experience in Trauma, Neurosurgery, and now utilization management. :!: so be careful my friend.. Nursing boards have no problem smashing your life into lots of tiny pieces just to prove a point. it is not fun or pretty. stay safe and under the radar.
Living The Dream...
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

I know all about the regulations in nursing. I have been a nurse for 25 years with a great reputation. I did not tell anyone where I was going but my husband works in the same hopsital and he told people. Thats how she found out. I have no intentions of not passing the tests. Trust me on that. But I appreciate your story. Oh and by the way, alot of the doctors and nurses smoke weed.
I need a miracle everyday
StonedSince67

Post by StonedSince67 »

cattales1960 wrote:thanks sky and yes I am taking my sweet ole time finding a job. lol. enjoyng the summer off. Getting alot of things done I have put off forever. LOvin life for sure.
i am sorry to hear of your situation and the run-in with your "right wing teabagging nut job of a boss"

well it looks like the wheel has moved on a notch and you seem to be aware of this, you have realised it is a moment of change

so enjoy your summer off, clear the table and redesign your life ... it is a wonderful chance to throw away all your old personal goals and come up with a brand-new set

best wishes for the future ...
Marco

Post by Marco »

Good luck my friend!
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

cattales1960 wrote:
ed the head wrote:http://www.testclear.com/dtcompanies/searchcompany.aspx

http://www.marijuana.com/blood-hair-sal ... tests.html

My experience tells me taking hair samples is not common, based on it has never happened to me or any of my stoner friends. Urine testing is much more common.

Good luck, I would wager your tea-party ex-boss considers himself 'Christian' also
Of course she thinks she is a christian and gets all pised off when they call for the muslim worship in the hospital chapel. I told her more than once that its for al religions. To tell you the truth, I think she went after me because she couldnt convert me to the tea party. I told her there was no way I would go that route.
Sounds like this person needs a discrimination suit to wake her from her wayward ways.
He who tries to shine dims his own light
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

ed the head wrote:
cattales1960 wrote:
ed the head wrote:http://www.testclear.com/dtcompanies/searchcompany.aspx

http://www.marijuana.com/blood-hair-sal ... tests.html

My experience tells me taking hair samples is not common, based on it has never happened to me or any of my stoner friends. Urine testing is much more common.

Good luck, I would wager your tea-party ex-boss considers himself 'Christian' also
Of course she thinks she is a christian and gets all pised off when they call for the muslim worship in the hospital chapel. I told her more than once that its for al religions. To tell you the truth, I think she went after me because she couldnt convert me to the tea party. I told her there was no way I would go that route.
Sounds like this person needs a discrimination suit to wake her from her wayward ways.
Oh I believe it Karma. She told one of her emplyees that "she was sucking Obamas cock" I witnessed this and told the girl to go in there and confront here. The boss told her she didnt care. I told her to report her and this girl was so afraid for her job (she wasnt an RN) that she didnt. The following day there was a gift on the girls desk from the boss telling her she was sorry. What a bitch. She will get hers in the end IM sure.
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

Marco wrote:Good luck my friend!
Thanks Marco and all the rest of you peeps support. Im not too worried. Im getting alot of stuff done around the house that I have put off, IM getting together with friends I have put off because of work. So its all good.
darkglobe

Post by darkglobe »

So,basically,nobody who works in that hospital is allowed to visit the Netherlands :!: :!: :!: :shock:
You did the right thing leaving 8)
...and what about your Hubby,isnt he getting the same shit as you :?:
"That cats something i can't explain"
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

darkglobe wrote:So,basically,nobody who works in that hospital is allowed to visit the Netherlands :!: :!: :!: :shock:
You did the right thing leaving 8)
Oh no.. Just this boss. I had been 3 times with my old boss when I worked in the ICU and she was fine. (shes an old stoner from the 60s)MY mistake was leaving my secure job to take this stupid desk job. But your right darkglobe.. IM glad I left.
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

yeah lifes too short to be miserable.... you can always get a job and make money... you've got a specific skill and are good at it.
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

So you have the summer off, cool, the keystone state has a lot to offer if you feel like a walk about.
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org
cattales1960

Post by cattales1960 »

Willjay wrote:So you have the summer off, cool, the keystone state has a lot to offer if you feel like a walk about.
Thanks willjay but I have to ask, what is the keystone state
ed the head
Location: New Amsterdam of my mind and of my making. Trips:3, Haj:14

Post by ed the head »

cattales1960 wrote:
Willjay wrote:So you have the summer off, cool, the keystone state has a lot to offer if you feel like a walk about.
Pennsylvania
He who tries to shine dims his own light
Willjay

Post by Willjay »

ed the head wrote:
cattales1960 wrote:
Pennsylvania
Thanks ed-the-head, the Keystone state is the commonwealth of Penn's woods translated to Pennsylvania
www.stopthedrugwar.org
www.mpp.org
www.drugpolicy.org