Greenhouse Effect (formerly Hill Street at the Market)

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Hill Street at the Market

I Like it
91%
I don't like it
9%

Total votes: 47

Kermit

Re: Hill Street at the Market

Post by Kermit »

Northern lights, cheap and cheerful back to the old school NOT but it was okay, stonking hot choc as norm and good service.

Jesscass

Post by Jesscass »

Had some Super Silver Haze(13€/g)while I came for milkshakes and atmosphere. Good smoke for this shop(seems a lot of people prefer hanging out there instead of buying from the menu).
jim n soj

Post by jim n soj »

As others have said it seems to be a place where you smoke your own as its location is perfect being in Nieuwmarkt, we visited several times in the evening, just people watching while having a smoke, we bought Super Silver Haze for 13euro and for the money is was a good tasty smoke, this is a shop we will always visit in future and they have a smoking area up stairs. :D
treetop

Post by treetop »

jim n soj wrote:As others have said it seems to be a place where you smoke your own as its location is perfect being in Nieuwmarkt, we visited several times in the evening, just people watching while having a smoke, we bought Super Silver Haze for 13euro and for the money is was a good tasty smoke, this is a shop we will always visit in future and they have a smoking area up stairs. :D
Never noticed the upstairs area! You don't mean the area at the back up a couple of steps do you?

The Hill St. Special has been nice in the past. Almost always sit outside with my own weed though.
How much did you produce?
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Nice enough visit here , grabbed the Top Nepal which along with their Nepal Polm is usually 1 of my go to /get it hashes , looks & smell were great but taste & strength was just a little off & weak :(
Weed wise , the HSS was ok but still no where near what it once was :( we got a g as Wifeys alwasy enjoyed it .
Their Diesel (fuely goodness) & especially SSH (lovely fruity grab you by the booboos high :wink: :lol: :lol: ) were excellent :mrgreen:
As there were 2 of us we qualified as a group :wink: :mrgreen: numerous times :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Wilf

Post by Wilf »

Visited over the weekend as never been in before - great 2 female staff very helpful, recommended the SSH - great lemony smell and a great quality smoke - nice interior of the CS also with some nice dub-reggae vibes being piped out.
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Popped in twice during Cup.... Amnesia haze and lemon haze were both splendid, went for a second dip pn the lemon it was that good.
Amsterdam dreaming.............
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

This trip SSH was outstanding , nepal polm was quite tasty :wink: & the top nepal which i'd moaned had gone downhill last trip was even worse this time :( :shock: looked & smelt awful , tire rubber :evil:
Also had a nice little smoke in here with gapie , ohm & tutti , nice to see you2 again :mrgreen:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
ozric

Post by ozric »

bought some shake, which was mix of top 3 weeds from menu, NL for sure in there, I rolled inside, tossed the stems into
the plants which were there, non-weed ofcoz, and smoked on the chilled outside terrace, alone.
Smokin´Brazil

Post by Smokin´Brazil »

Really glad this lovely CS is getting recogn. more and more! Best milk shake, toastie and also Grass!
arronmc

Post by arronmc »

went in here on the 14th and got some cheese which was a nice smoke also some zero zero which was also spot on how ever some where in my stoned wisdom I decided I wanted to try the thai which to be fair was only 3 euro a gram it was horrible lol but not to panic I just binned it , bud tender was friendly and the service was good and I cant realy blame them for the thai I should have known better :oops: :mrgreen:
i fucking love amsterdam !!!!!!!!!
markymark

Post by markymark »

Great milkshakes, 2 bananas, a dollop of icecream and a splash of milk. As others have said a cool place to hang out and people watch. Can't comment on the weed but I'll give it a go next month.
PhatPaulie

Post by PhatPaulie »

Kermit wrote:Northern lights, cheap and cheerful back to the old school NOT but it was okay, stonking hot choc as norm and good service.
For the first 5 years of my visits to Amsterdam 2001-2006 the Northern Lights from Hill Street on Warmoesstraat was as good as you get. Very poor the last time I tried about 2 years ago though.
"The suspense is killing me." Chopper Mike...
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

Came here with the express purpose of getting a milkshake and toastie, and although the toastie was ok, the milkshake was amazing. We sat outside which was ok, maybe a little cold. Not sure if we bought bud here or not. I think we mite have, but I can't remember what it was, so my only comment would be that is wasn't memorable. Really enjoyed sitting and eating here though !
PhatPaulie

Post by PhatPaulie »

Padge247 wrote:Came here with the express purpose of getting a milkshake and toastie, and although the toastie was ok, the milkshake was amazing. We sat outside which was ok, maybe a little cold. Not sure if we bought bud here or not. I think we mite have, but I can't remember what it was, so my only comment would be that is wasn't memorable. Really enjoyed sitting and eating here though !
I'd have to say the same thing about their Black Spice Hash.
"The suspense is killing me." Chopper Mike...