Anybody tried Airpots?

Including growing tips and questions.
Midzy

Re: Anybody tried Airpots?

Post by Midzy »

ok I got an update on this thread now, I have been testing 4 one litre airpots for the last 2 weeks, I could not do any side by side tests cos I only use seeds and do not bother with clones these days so results would not prove anything, so the only comparason I can do is from memory of past grows with normal pots (coco). Ok so I used the following strains from fem seed the plants are now 3 wks old, Super skunk, LSD, Vanila kush and Skunk#1.

So far these pots are doing just what the ad says on youtube, if you undo the pots you can see the roots that have been pruned, they are branching out well and look white and healthy :mrgreen: the growth of the plants looks good too they seem to be thriving well. :D

I am very impressed with these airpots and I wont go back to normal pots.

Not everything I type is the whole truth......
Midzy

Post by Midzy »

I have found these drip trays online (my G shop had not heard of these but they do sell the air pots). I think they will make working wiv airpots much less work :mrgreen:

http://www.progrow.co.uk/acatalog/info_05233.html
Midzy

Post by Midzy »

I got some of them drip tray things cos I was finding the collecting of run off hard work, well I set em up wiv no leaks but their own legs are not long enough to provide good fast emtying, so I needed to raise them up a few inches, I used some small plastic stools I found in pound shop 8) and now it drains fast and well :D

Midzy

Post by Midzy »

from reading back the above posts I sound like a feckin sales man :shock: I am not :lol: (HGV) I just wanna share any new discoverys wiv you lot, but if the makers of this stuff wanna give me a back hander :wink: then fine by me :lol:
Cisco

Post by Cisco »

Cool wee set up mate , a lot easier than doing it in the bath eh ? :lol: (collecting run-off)
-
Midzy

Post by Midzy »

Cisco wrote:Cool wee set up mate , a lot easier than doing it in the bath eh ? :lol: (collecting run-off)

yeah mate its made it a lot less work and quicker too :wink:
Redforlife

Post by Redforlife »

Midzy wrote:
8) nice one thanks Boner, I can't wait to try these (I had pretty lame rootballs so far wiv coco BUT I never used rhizotonic ), so I got some 1L airpots and some rhizotonic I am hoping for good rootballs from now on :mrgreen: I would put the seedlings (in rockwell cubes) in coco in the 1L airpots and wait till I get a good rootball and then repot into the biggest airpot, and hopefully all the airpruned roots would fill the big pot and then begin airpruning again and totally fill the pots wiv loverly white hungry roots :mrgreen:
Then use Canna Coco Plus, as it comes pre-loaded with Rhizotonic! And nicely buffered. It's my favourite Coco!

Glad to see airpots are getting around nicely, it's really a no-brainer. You can actually increase your yield for approximately £3 per plant. To make that make sense financially, you need to grow an extra gram. That shouldn't be a problem!!!
Redforlife

Post by Redforlife »

To get run-off in my airpots (I use a 1200cm tent) I use trays from a garden centre, on firring pieces.

The trays are approximately 1m long, about 250mm wide (ish), and the firring pieces are a piece of 50x50mm treated timber, cut diagonally along its length - so when these are laid out, it creates a fall in the tray - which I usually aim to the front for easy disposal.
Midzy

Post by Midzy »

used to get 8 from 4 plants but got 15 from 4 plants using airpots and a scrog screen setup :mrgreen:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hey midzy & redforlife, thanks for the heads up on this, I will give em a go on my next grow and let ya know :D
Loftmonkey

Post by Loftmonkey »

I love my airpots... :mrgreen:
oohhh smooth...
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

drill holes in yer pots...saves alot of money
rockin into the night
ZBeebs

Post by ZBeebs »

USBONGLORD wrote:drill holes in yer pots...saves alot of money
I am switching to airpots on my next grow...

And there is more to it than just drilling holes...the holes in the airpots are evenly spaced and angled...if you drill straight holes in your regular pots, you're going to have a hard time keeping water in them...
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?
Uncle Ron

Post by Uncle Ron »

ZBeebs wrote:
USBONGLORD wrote:drill holes in yer pots...saves alot of money
I am switching to airpots on my next grow...

And there is more to it than just drilling holes...the holes in the airpots are evenly spaced and angled...if you drill straight holes in your regular pots, you're going to have a hard time keeping water in them...
Both of you are too smart for your own good... :wink: :) :mrgreen:

I've been thinking about growing hydro with expanded clay pellets, and the AirPot system looks like it could be fun.
A bit pricey (for the system), and this is where I lean towards agreeing with USBL.
I could just build a DIY system and be done with it.
Still, I'll probably give it a go and hope for the best...

Happy farming... :mrgreen:
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

depends on yer medium..i use micro rockwool cubes so there is no problem ever..drilling hole works just fine if yer willing to do it right...i use folgers coffe containers tha friends save for me..total cost,zero :mrgreen: just remember fellow friends,anything they can do, a stoner can figure a new or better way,to do cheaper :mrgreen: ...like 420 cleaner..go buy some 91 alcohol and some salt..cost, 2 dollars, 420 cleaner,alot more then that :mrgreen:
rockin into the night