DNA

Including growing tips and questions.
SloWhite

DNA

Post by SloWhite »

Disappointed..

Never..

Again..

This is the 2nd time i got a bum batch of seeds from them. I only seem to have trouble with DNA, out of 6 LAcon's only 2 popped and out of the 2, 1 plant is strong.. :twisted:

Whats funny is some of my best grows were with Reserva Privada who are in business with DNA... :?

O well live and learn right...

Not your average Horticulturalist..
USbongLord

Re: DNA

Post by USbongLord »

been warning people for years ...well,hope the kosher kush werks :mrgreen:
rockin into the night
Redforlife

Post by Redforlife »

I've not seen a keeper from a pack of their seeds yet, and a few friends have been doing it.

That said, I'm now able to get access to the DNA mothers themselves, so don't have to worry about the seeds.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

oh yeah?...the mothers huh?..nice,love to see some pics of em, and what you've done with em...and just for yer info...so save a few bucks on yer pots,just drill 18,1/4 inch holes in a large coffee can to airate...they are nice, but drilling holes saves money and is a cheap and profitable fix...been doing that for years and it really works,using rockwool sugar cubes....
rockin into the night
bigs

Post by bigs »

when I used to grow I did their confidential cheese,cataract kush,la confidential,og18 + couple of others, never any germination problems, except for the 18s everything was fully female, finished within the advertised flowering times and came out pretty decent....

strange how dna are either loved or hated, perhaps different product is being knocked out outside the EU? :shock:
SloWhite

Post by SloWhite »

USBONGLORD wrote:been warning people for years ...well,hope the kosher kush werks :mrgreen:
I was gona ask you how they were coming along.. You did pop them already right?
bigs wrote:when I used to grow I did their confidential cheese,cataract kush,la confidential,og18 + couple of others, never any germination problems, except for the 18s everything was fully female, finished within the advertised flowering times and came out pretty decent....

strange how dna are either loved or hated, perhaps different product is being knocked out outside the EU? :shock:
Seeds were bought in amsterdam at their shop..
Redforlife

Post by Redforlife »

USBONGLORD wrote:oh yeah?...the mothers huh?..nice,love to see some pics of em, and what you've done with em
This is what I'm told - a friend has them at the moment. Off the top of my head there's Casey Jones, Kandy Kush, Sour Cream and a couple of others. Also some nice Sour D IBL (direct from Rez) and some Killer Queen - all apparently the 'real McCoy'.

Just waiting to see how they all turn out before I fill my shopping bag with clones :mrgreen:
Roobarb

Post by Roobarb »

How did you carry them home? Were they in your bag?
Was that bag x-rayed? Just a thought
Redforlife

Post by Redforlife »

Roobarb wrote:How did you carry them home? Were they in your bag?
Friends are UK based, I have no idea how they got over here! I'm just luckily placed to take advantage :mrgreen:

How did Exodus get to the US? Must be the same method!
Boner

Post by Boner »

Clones get posted, they go in a sort of hibernation in the dark.

I heard DNA's Sour D was something diferant altogether, some say its closer to the ECSD than Rez's IBL, talking of his Sour D the dad he uses is a fucking beast, whatever it touches turns to gold.
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
SloWhite

Post by SloWhite »

Roobarb wrote:How did you carry them home? Were they in your bag?
If you were talking to me, in my suitcase, the same way I've done it for years. No other problems so I doubt that's it...
ftcarer

Post by ftcarer »

Boner wrote: I heard DNA's Sour D was something diferant altogether.
When I was growing , their Sour D had an immence :shock: fuel smell , extremely strong :mrgreen:

Their Sour Cream & Sour Kush are both lovely smokes & easy to grow although watch the Cream & those nutes :wink:
Sending out the good vibes to those that need them right now :-)
Prestoned

Post by Prestoned »

I tried the LA Con a few years ago, was a con. Cant remember the specifics, but only managed to flower one from a pack of 6, either due to low female ratio or poor germination. Have got a lovely keeper from DNA though, but Im getting bored of it now.
:)
EasilySuede

Post by EasilySuede »

ftcarer wrote:Their Sour Cream & Sour Kush are both lovely smokes & easy to grow although watch the Cream & those nutes :wink:
I rx'ed one freebie fem. Sour Cream bean last fall in my Sage n Sour order. Popped fine and grew as well as the most vigorous SnSs. Burley, kinda rhubard-like, stalk and stems. The pheno (and now mother) I got was only moderately stretchy. In flower, as well as after cure, the smell/taste is of motor oil, tobacco, and saddle leather. Very nice contrast to my SnS mum's sweet-and-sour sauce meets fabric softener taste.
Kermit

Post by Kermit »

Wow just read this, i tell you DNA are the bomb, never had no problems with any of there seeds during my times apart from the freebie Sour cream, yeild and quality of product have pissed on everything apart from ChemmyJones from Con genetics. Guess it takes a special grower to grow the special ones :wink: :lol:

As for the freebie sour cream, honestly i dont think Attitudes freebies are what they say.