E-Joint

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
elasticband

Re: E-Joint

Post by elasticband »

i will ask my friend for a right up if possible, how willing to share he will be i do not know.

They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

i think the problem we had was using the magic butter machine with VG.

if we just made the ISO... get it down to really concentrated... then mix with the pg/vg after.

thanks for the link.

gonna review and try with my buddy.
Panog

Post by Panog »

Yeah not making ISO first was the mistake I'm sure, gonna try that soon
CalyxSmokr

Post by CalyxSmokr »

The ones I have tried taste like garbage. I prefer wax with a cartomizer and take small hits.
I wanted the easy portability too but the taste and lower potency is a deal breaker. PG and VG taste like shit
CalyxSmokr

Post by CalyxSmokr »

I think technology will catch up soon but what I tried is not superior to straight wax with the proper cart.
CalyxSmokr

Post by CalyxSmokr »

I don't know I guess I should shut up because they are ubiquitous at the dispensaries here. Somebody is buying them but I was unimpressed
Padge247

Post by Padge247 »

I was at Waterlooplein a couple of weeks ago, and as my girlfriend was deciding what to buy, the owner of the stall was talking to another stall owner, who was smoking THC through an E-cig like device. Both of them seemed to agree it was pretty good ! No idea of any further info (ie what the concentrate was from etc) so not my most useful contribution......
codejd

Post by codejd »

Got a chance to give this a go today and am very happy with the results so far! It was just a guessing game where I took the existing QWISO;

Dropped a dab in the double boiler and then began mixing the PG & VG in by pipette starting with the PG and adding the VG towards the end just to see how difficult it was to work with.

For the record, this is what I believe was used:

1/8 to 1/16 teaspoon Qwiso (hash oil)

2 teaspoons PG (4 halves)

1/2 teaspoon VG (1 halve)

That would make the PG/VG ratio 80/20 (or 4-to-1). I think next time I should increase the VG to achieve something closer to 65/35. That would give 15% more smoke and a bit smoother on the throat as I did notice a little burn on the stronger hits.

Which gave me this;

Which I stuck in any old atomizer w/510 battery;

I took five strong tokes immediately and was very high for nearly 2 hours at which time I grabbed the pen and am flying again.

Very pleased at present, no more mess with the QWISO but same effect and stealthy! 8)
Donkey smell.
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

QWUISO? <--- what is that?

hmmm... ok... so the "trick" is taking the oil... heating with pg/vg mix.... then it's "bonded" to each other better than just putting a couple of drops into a normal ecig liquid?

interesting.

My buddy and I were going to make oil using 1 bottle of everclear + 2 oz of herb + our magic butter machine

then mix that with the pg/vg.

seems like the same thing you did?
codejd

Post by codejd »

dconstrukt wrote:QWUISO? <--- what is that?

hmmm... ok... so the "trick" is taking the oil... heating with pg/vg mix.... then it's "bonded" to each other better than just putting a couple of drops into a normal ecig liquid?

interesting.

My buddy and I were going to make oil using 1 bottle of everclear + 2 oz of herb + our magic butter machine

then mix that with the pg/vg.

seems like the same thing you did?
How to make quiso.

I can only say what worked for me which I'll be doing some more experimenting with this weekend. As quoted earlier from that other thread; I got the double boiler going and tossed in a ball of the quiso and as it began to melt down began adding PG by pipette until it began to achieve a liquid state. At that point I added some VG which thickened it up a bit so I put some more PG in the mix. As suggested from that thread I kept mixing until it was a consistency of thin motor oil and then just sucked it up in a syringe and into that little bottle I got at the e-cig store. Then you just fill up the atomizer and are good to go!
Donkey smell.
dconstrukt

Post by dconstrukt »

ah cool...

this is how we were doing it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV_QHGLIL1w

watch that video.

on the link u sent... it says this:
Also note: the difference between QWISO / ISO hash and an alcohol tincture (Green Dragon), is the solvent and preparation. ISO uses isopropyl alcohol, while tinctures use a drinkable liquor with a high proof (such as Everclear). The goal is ISO is evaporating the product to get physical hash, while tinctures aren't evaporated so they may be consumed as a liquid.
so i think we were going to make the tincture one (cuz we were gonna use everclear)

wonder if it'll come out the same?

the trick then is to mix the oil and the pg/vg using heat.

which is something most don't do. we didnt.
codejd

Post by codejd »

dconstrukt wrote:so i think we were going to make the tincture one (cuz we were gonna use everclear)
So how did you do?

I searched around a little bit looking for a simpler method to go from Q>Oil and found this way to go straight from flower>oil which I tried earlier today with very promising results;

As the video suggested; I used 5.5G of material, 2 oz. of VG and 3.5hrs of my time. I did not have access to his funky press so I used our potato press with some cheese cloth in its place which worked really well.

The mixture;

All bottled up & ready to toke;

Using a simple disposable atomizer and 510 battery;

Side-by-side comparison of commercially available (left) & mine (right);

Donkey smell.
monster420

Post by monster420 »

?
Last edited by monster420 on Wed 11th May 2016 09:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
USbongLord

Post by USbongLord »

What?
rockin into the night
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority