De Leukste Nug's 4/20 Week Live Report - The Life & Times of an Amsterdammer

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Nuggz

De Leukste Nug's 4/20 Week Live Report - The Life & Times of an Amsterdammer

Post by Nuggz »

Alright lads,

So after seeing many of these on here, I decided what the hell I'll join in the fun. So I'm propping up this badboy to commemorate the start off of "4/20" week - (because it just one day really enough to celebrate our favorite plant?!)

So without further ado, ahem.

April 14th:

Woke up after a week on night-shifts, at 16:00 roughly, just in time to load up my dabber with a tasty treat of some Casey Jones crumble-wax from Ambrosia Extracts (part of the new-age instagram concentrates scene currently taking over 'Dam) for a 4:20PM dab. She goes down a treat, mild-perspiration from the heavy slugger. Glance over at my current stash, still some variety but most bags are dwindling, I decide to make a rash decision...

Pull out the phone a dial up my new source, to order up something for the week. We agree to meet at Cannabis College this time.

I arrive an hour and a half later at CC. I see my guy in the back, he pulls out for a half-gram of Ambrosia Extracts Casey Jones wax (the previous 4:20 dab had been the last of what I had beforehand) for 30 euros, and then 5g bag of some musty, frosty nuggets of casey jones for 40 euros. I've tried most of his wares already, so I had already preordered what I wanted. Shows me some of his newest batch of SSH which is quite frosty, sweet pungent and lime green - it's 5 grams for 35 euros (7 per g) as are all the hazes he carries...the rosin addict/haze-head in me screams "shut up and take my money" but I know I've got a long week ahead of me, and he never runs out of haze so I'll hold off for now!

I unpack the dab rig, have a chat with the multi-national tapestry of cannabis enthusiasts packed in the back sofa of the CC, (btw a great place to chill if you don't feel like paying for weed or drinks - and they even let you dab/press rosin if you ask politely). After shooting the shit, and briefly boarding the "dab train" (chain-dabbing - i.e. instead of chain-smoking hehe), I finally pack up and head over to meet some of the lads at 1e Hulp. Realizing that I'd managed to ramble (and dab) my way along into staying after closing hours, as the doors were shut and locked, whoopsies!

At 1e Hulp (excuse the lack of ACD handles here) I meet up with "Cannamelier" "Mr.Space Treez420" and "Amsterslabs710" - these are their instagram handles since they're not posters on here - all are experienced dab/vape/cannabis enthusiasts.

Cannamelier who is a cheeky pure-only, non-combusting (only vapes and dabs) Brit, does me right and pulls out a mouthwatering assortment of Fresh Frozen Rosin aka "Frosin tech" - made from is own top-shelf homemade ice-o-lators. He dabs me out the following flavors - Rollex OG Bubble Frosin, Strawberry Sour Diesel Bubble Frosin & Scott's OG Bubble Frosin. The Strawberry and the Scott's punch me right in the tits (heavy sweats and head rush), and go down beyond an absolute treat (5-star shit absolutely), and really carry on the loud flavors of their mother strains. I beg cannamelier to provide me with the hook-up, but he is adamant that he only has personal. Alas, I thank him profusely in any matter for the most generous tasting sesh.

Mr. Space Tree has just gotten back into to town to visit for 4/20 & the Elite Cup (he lived here but just moved away a month ago), he being the beyond excessive pothead he is tells me and (team) Amsterslabs710 (it's a multi-person account) that he'll be procuring an oz. of some Scott's OG straight from the grower - 9 on the g if we wanna throw in. One of the Amsterslabs says fuck yeah and ends up throwing in the vast majority of the loot. Cannamelier leaves. As does Mr. Space Tree, en route to secure our purchase.

Meanwhile in 1e Hulp, I decide to give my recently purchased Casey Jones nug a go in a tasty pure cone. The buds are somewhat wispy, frosty, very lime green. Spicey, diesely, musty curry smell that is oh so ubiquitous with CJ. The cure is on the money, not overly bone dry, but breaks up perfectly in the grinder. The cone yields a clean white ash, indicative of proper-flush, and the smell transfers quite well into taste - with a sedating, but trippy sativa buzz.

As the joint finishes Mr. Space Treez shows back up with the prize! We agree to head over Amsterslabs place to make dinner, divvy up our treasures, and have an ungodly sized dab-sesh - which all naturally ensues.

After zipping across town on our bikes to Amsterslab's dab-den, the cannabis comes out, and the dabs get passed around and swapped. I let some of the others sample the CJ Wax, was is a bright beautiful yellow, loaded with terps identical to it's parent strain, on the bouquet. Packs a punch of psychadellia on the buzz, leaving plenty of headspace to "drive that train, high on cocaine". Yet more and more flavor sampling of nugs, and dabs ensues - I let some of the others sample my Super Lemon Haze Hash Rosin, the flavor of which is immeasurably and inexplicably potentiated by one of the four dab rigs which Mr. Space Treez has brought in tow with him all the way from Berlin (as I said pothead doesn't even begin to describe this character).

Mr. Space Treez pulls out a variety pack of other Karma genetics strains (Sour Power, Karma OG, Karma something else and one other I can't recall at the moment; as well as the Scott's - have I mentioned that this guy loves his weed?) - that he got from the same grower as the Scott's OG, he rolls up several spliffs (i.e. with tobacco much to my chagrin), to let us sample his newly purchased treats -they all pack loud flavor, that cuts through that nasty "cancer kush" with which they are mixed even, though to be honest the flavors eventually all get lost amidst the sea of dabs and other cannabis going around.

I myself, having picked up an 1/8th of the Scott's OG from the 30g "oz" we got, decide it's high-time to skin up a pure joint. Which I do, they ash is among the cleanest and whitest I've ever seen; and the flavor is exquisite a tropical fruity, if even soapy but assuredly exotic flavor. Having also tried Voyager's version, I would have to say strength wise the too are on par, smell goes to the private source as does taste, - though perhaps Voyager's looked nicer, if slightly frostier - still all things, especially price considered - nod to the private source (I know I'm a cuntbee)

Finally Amsterslabs challenges me to a "stop drop and glob" video for instagram - i.e. I most record a video of me dropping a "glob" - an excessively sized dab - thus, I load up a dabbity-doo about the size of a 20 euro cent coin on to my dabber, heat up the nail and its bombs away! After that I decide I am too entirely stoned out of my skull, and to spare myself a whitey, I decide to say my goodbyes and head home for a well-deserved slumber....

More to come, hopefully...
Last edited by Nuggz on Sat 16th Apr 2016 04:09 pm, edited 8 times in total.

OneHighMofo

Re: De Leukste Smokes of 4/20 (week) LIVE

Post by OneHighMofo »

Great read - really enjoyed that dude; It's nice to get a different perspective than the usual CS purchases.
REALLY looking forward to meeting your man! Have you tried pressing Rosin from the CJ and comparing it with the wax? We might have to do that if he still has some stock :)

Looking forward to the rest of the report too
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Hmm I rarely press flower rosin, even though I LOVE it (by far the tastiest cannabis preparation one can consume), yields are just too shit compared to hash rosin. I digress, in my flower pressing experience Casey Jones does not press all that good, so for me I've just been chiefin' said nugs in the occasional pure joint, or bong bowl and the volc. Anyway, for me when I do press flowers, it's almost exclusively hazes because they always give a comparatively good yield, and they always are absolutely delicious and deceivingly deadly when pressed. Indicas and other sativas in my experience are more of a crapshoot so as said, I tend to go with the safe money...
OneHighMofo

Post by OneHighMofo »

DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote: Anyway, for me when I do press flowers, it's almost exclusively hazes because they always give a comparatively good yield, and they always are absolutely delicious and deceivingly deadly when pressed. Indicas and other sativas in my experience are more of a crapshoot so as said, I tend to go with the safe money...
Yes I have to say I tentatively agree - you know my thoughts on the whole Sativa/Indica debacle but I certainly experienced considerably larger (5%ish) yields from the Haze lines Ive pressed out than I have from the shorter, broad leaf cultivars - say Shoreline, PCK, Lemon OG etc.
Anyway I'll stop hijacking your thread with concentrate babble and let you crack on ;)

**edit** pressed some cut only GG#4 out yesterday at a pals - never seen yields like it - similar results from the bubble bags.
MinnBobber

Post by MinnBobber »

Sweet Jesus and DeLeuksta,
so are you telling me that at Cannabis College you can bring some bud and (if you ask nicely :) ) you can press it into resin???
OMG, I've been reading about that for way in future when my state legalizes bud and am really really interested in squeezing some goodness.

Do they have arbor press or H press or vice press or homemade hair straighten hand press or what?
I just find it so hard to imagine that rosin tech can be tastier than vaping a top shelf bud.

We never made it to cannabis college but my recall was it had free tour area and pay area where you go see their grow/plants.
Where is there "press" area?
I wish my wife was more into cannabis and I've got to figure how to get over to CC.

And my motto, really, has always been, "I've never met a Haze I didn't like". Great to hear all the great reports on different haze strains.
Last visit, Amnesia Haze kept that motto alive.
This trip, debating on going with Super Lemon Haze which is my all time fav or trying a new to me Haze.
Or stringing some possibilities together, getting some SLH hash which I've never had and squeeze it---yikes.....
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Some photos, not all from this week but recent and all things I'm more or less currently smoking on...

Up first, enjoying a joint of Voyager's Scott's OG canal-side, soaking up the gorgeous and unicorn-scarce Dutch sunshine. Lekker!

Some tasty nugs of private-source's Casey Jones. Spicy, zesty and diesel, peppered perfection! 5g for 40 euros (8pg) on this one!

The kind staff at Boerejongens Centre must've sensed that I was a dab-head, because upon my purchase of the AK-OG block (also pictured below), they gave me several Amsterdam Genetics dab containers for free. Can't praise this place enough at the moment!

My own hidden Amsterdam secret (away from the coffeeshops) Silver Fields - from Sannie Seeds (?) - She's a Killing Fields (non-purped out pheno) crossed with SSH. She has a nice fruity, tropical berry bouquet!

The post-pressed results of that AK-OG Hash block into rosin. 1.5 grams yielded a 73% return of 1.1 grams - WOW that's a fat yield. The AK-OG cost 13.50 for 1.5 (9 per gram)

and she's heavy slugger off the dab nail, straight to the dome - hot 'n' hurrrrdy baby!

And finally some of Ambrosia Extract's Casey Jones Wax - a terpy treat that smells just like the flowers from which is was made. Great stuff for when I wanna dab something that's not hash rosin. Paid 30 for .5 g, not the cheapest but good for an occasional splurge!

Last edited by Nuggz on Sat 16th Apr 2016 03:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Mini-update.

Yesterday picked up some of that previous mentioned SSH from my buddy. Here's a pic, which doesn't do it justice to be honest, so excuse the shitty pic quality. The flavor and bouquet are sweet classic haze, and the buds are just a radiant lime green blanketed in trichs, got the 5g for 35. 8.9/10 (price taken into account) - solid sativa to tide me over for these next three shifts until OHMF & Papi among others arrive on the 19th...you dabheads ready?! Then I'll be able to properly put some stories and memories into this thread!!! Excited! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is much older, at least a month ago I'd say but this was some Jesus OG Bubble Hash from 1e Hulp pressed by me into rosin, this was truly some #headstash creme de la creme shit - was way too beautiful not to share hehe!

Last edited by Nuggz on Sun 17th Apr 2016 12:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Papi

Post by Papi »

Seems like i'm gonna ask you for more than casey jones if possible:D
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

@Papi - are you in Amsterdam on the 19th or somewhere down south (of NL)?
Papi

Post by Papi »

DeLeuksteNUGS16 wrote:@Papi - are you in Amsterdam on the 19th or somewhere down south (of NL)?
I'm being dropped off in Amsterdam on the 19th on 8 am around heineken experience, so i'll probably go get a brekkie and head to club media
Edibles on a plane is my middle fucking name
Kermit

Re: De Leukste Nug's 4/20 Week Live Report - The Life & Times of an Amsterdammer

Post by Kermit »

Superb, could read all day long. :mrgreen: 8)
OneHighMofo

Re: De Leukste Nug's 4/20 Week Live Report - The Life & Times of an Amsterdammer

Post by OneHighMofo »

Awesome thread - but you and Macky are driving me insane between you with all this talk and these lovely pictures, my stash seems pale by comparison! Aaargh I wish Monday would come :) have a great weekend dude see on Tuesday
Smirks

Post by Smirks »

Great read, looks like fun is being had!
Nuggz

Post by Nuggz »

Oh the fun-o-meter is about to be on FOOL blast!
macky

Post by macky »

Nice looking Ssh , great read :D I,m sure we will meet soon.