Extreme Q

Hardware and techniques: joints, pipes and vaporisers.
Wilbur

Extreme Q

Post by Wilbur »

Just have bought my first Vape... Still figuring out how best to use it. Any recommendations on temp settings (Celsius)? Is it possible to vape hash with my Arizer Extreme Q?

MinnBobber

Re: Extreme Q

Post by MinnBobber »

Temp settings are so individual but on my vapes I usually "temp step"-- start out at a lower temp and keep raising the temp after 1 or 2 hits.

Exteme Q seems to work better if you set temp and when up to temp, add the herb chamber and let it sit a minute or two and then vape. Unit kind of gets "heat soaked" and vapor seems more full.

Hash works fine but I'm always very careful that hash doesn't melt into the unit !!! I use a "base" of degummed hemp fiber in the bottom of the chamber to protect. I understand hemp fiber is hard to find in Europe but thin layer of organic cotton or cotton will also work.
Another good way to use hash but protect the unit is a "hash sandwich": a layer of herb, crumbled hash layer, another layer of herb.

Many find it best to not overfill the chamber---like 1/2 or 2/3 instead of full seems to work best.

Enjoy and experiment. It is a lot of vaporizer for the money
Wilbur

Post by Wilbur »

post by MinnBobber » Mon 18th Apr 2016 09:47 pm
Thanks.... much appreciated ;)
KeyMonCha

Post by KeyMonCha »

spidergawd

Post by spidergawd »

It depends on the herbs Wilbur, if they're well cured and juicy I usually start at 170 and find that really releases the flavour which is such a fine thing to experience with a vape. Then step up 5 or 10 as you feel right giving it a stir now and again. I dont go past 210 but I keep the vaped herb for cooking. I favour the herb sandwich method for solids and oils.

Enjoy your machine :D
What a long strange trip it is.
Wilbur

Post by Wilbur »

Appreciate all your input ;) Trying different temp sets... for now I favor 190°C though 170° seems to be a bit more flowery & delicate.
Such a difference to regular combustion! One really needs to adapt, though the high is speaking volumes!