Old Church 2

Comments on specific shops. Use search to find the topic for a shop.

Rate Old Church 2

I like Old Church 2
100%
I don't like Old Church 2
No votes

Total votes: 1

matty223

Old Church 2

Post by matty223 »

ACD Page: Old Church 2

Old names Rokerij III and Big Fun. Posts in this thread were merged from Rokerij and the original Old Church (now a bar).

treetop wrote:
Colino wrote:
treetop wrote:Old Church will finally close as a coffeeshop tonight. It will then be refitted to reopen as a bar in which you can smoke weed.
Old Church 2 to open soon in the old Rokerj premises on the Amstel river near Muntplein. Apparently they have transferred the Old Church license to the new premises.

Good news all round I'd say as the only bad thing about Old Church was the weed! Now you can take your own and only have to buy overpriced drinks instead!
so it will be possible buying weed in the Amstel location? not interested as do not like their weed, just curious as I read somewhere that coffeeshop licence cannot be used for a different location from the original one
Not sure exactly but I think they were able to move licence cos of 1012 project requirements.
they still will have shite gear lol

cgarr04

Re: Old Church 2

Post by cgarr04 »

There is another coffeeshop here now, believe it is now called Old Church. I'm not 100% if it's the same building or not, I was quite drunk when I went there....i'll try to get more info next time I pass by it.

It is small but has a very modern and stylish design, similar to Amnesia. It looks more like a cocktail bar than a coffee shop :mrgreen:

They sell pretty decent weed, various hazes (lemon) and kush. It's well priced in comparison to any coffeeshops around Rembrandtplein, but you get pre-weighed bags and most of them are priced at €16. However I'm pretty sure I bought 1.4 of lemon haze for that price. Service and drink selection is good and the seating is also comfy.

I recommend checking this place out if you are nearby 8)
Von Goat Weed

Re: Rokerij

Post by Von Goat Weed »

Old church ? Ain't they in rld ? Aren't they one of the shop that have to close down or move? :|
matty223

Re: Rokerij

Post by matty223 »

old church moved to the site they are talking about,,
cgarr04

Old Church 2

Post by cgarr04 »

they still will have shite gear lol
The complete opposite actually!

I've never been in the original shop in the RLD and I've only been to the new place a few times but the product is TOP! :mrgreen:

Today I sampled some Strawberry Kush, Shoreline (purple buds!!), and casey...all very good smokes. I also picked up their cup entry hash today which is called "King Haze" (€12/gram) and it is fucking AWESOME! It's very lightly pressed and has a soft fluffy texture - wonderful smoke.

TOP TIP: I'd say this hash is better than the Twizla from green place :D :D :D

Check it before you knock the new place.
cgarr04

The Old Church 2 - Amstel (formerly Rokerij 3)

Post by cgarr04 »

ACD Page: Old Church

I thought it would be worthwhile to create a new topic for this coffeeshop in it's new location @ Amstel 6 near Muntplein.

Despite the poor reviews of the original coffeeshop in RLD, this one appears to be the complete opposite. The product is surprisingly good, they have all the top strains and I would say it is now one of the better coffeeshops close to touristy Rembrandt square. I have pretty much tried all of them in the surrounding area.

They have a very good selection of (pre-bagged) strains and it is also well priced. If I remember correctly most are priced at €16 but you get 1.4 lemon haze for €16 for example which certainly isn't bad in comparison.

Strain I have tried so far: Stawberry Kush, Shoreline (purple buds), Casey Jones, Lemon Haze. Any frequent dam visitor will know these are all very popular, highly rated strains!

I'm also smoking their hash cup entry "king haze" now, it's priced at €12/gram. I would say it's better than the twizla from green place. It's unbelievably soft and fluffy and does not require no heating with a lighter :mrgreen:

Next time I will try to get a picture of the menu. Check it out and provide some opinions on what you think of this place!

-cgarr04
cgarr04

Re: The Old Church 2 - Amstel

Post by cgarr04 »

:mrgreen:

hilian

Re: The Old Church 2 - Amstel (formerly Rokerij 3)

Post by hilian »

I am gutted that Old Church has closed, I used to love chilling in the pointy corner table by the mural of Madge and the Buddha shrine :(
However every cloud has it's silver hazed lining, as the new shop was another fond fave when it was Rokerij so will def check out the new place on my next trip :D
if you enjoy it pass it on
cgarr04

Post by cgarr04 »

Visited this place again today and again two thumbs up.

Very nice service from the male BT. No problems opening the bags to let me smell and inspect the warez (with my own hands) before purchasing.

I got more King Haze hash and Lemon Haze; which I picked over the S5 haze.

Menu picture as promised:

Mouth watering lemon picture to drool over! 8)
Full size image: http://oi59.tinypic.com/6qa6c1.jpg
TwoCanucks

Post by TwoCanucks »

Somari....need to try that... Nycd x buddhas sister x kushadelic.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Amsterdam dreaming.............
elasticband

Post by elasticband »

katsu had the nicest representation i have experienced of the somari. nothing else has come close.

1e hulp
stones
hunters(recommended by soma, along with katsu)
prix
mellow yellow
bluebird
bushdoc
They must find it difficult, those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority
mokum

Post by mokum »

I like katsu's somari also but ive had similar somari at noon for 11 euros.

Is the King haze hasj good to put in a volcano? I want to make a lemon haze -hasj combo in the volcano.
cgarr04

Post by cgarr04 »

mokum wrote:I like katsu's somari also but ive had similar somari at noon for 11 euros.

Is the King haze hasj good to put in a volcano? I want to make a lemon haze -hasj combo in the volcano.
It's nice, just put the bud in first then the hash otherwise it will stick to your wire gauge / oil pad. It's a really soft hash which will almost melt between your fingers.
jiffa

Post by jiffa »

One of my mates is just back and brought me back a bit of Royal Cream and its a nice spicy tasting bit of hash
Jail for growing a plant laughed the gypsy!
Black-King

Post by Black-King »

I need to visit this cs next time I am in amsterdam!

Thanks for sharing the pictures & the menu too! Big up!
RASTAFARI RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM http://rastafari-christ.webs.com/