The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2023

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2023

Post by Lemming »

@Ghost
I just called and spoke to someone called Sophia. She said the only slot available on 20th is 11am for 80 minutes. 325 euros for up to 20 people.
She also said the email address on the site doesn't work :roll: , which would explain a lot!
Working email is buddhaloungeboat@gmail.com
There may be slots available on other days but I said I'd discuss with the group first.

Hope you hear from Mike soon.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Tue 11th Apr 2023 09:20 pm @Ghost
I just called and spoke to someone called Sophia. She said the only slot available on 20th is 11am for 80 minutes. 325 euros for up to 20 people.
She also said the email address on the site doesn't work :roll: , which would explain a lot!
Working email is buddhaloungeboat@gmail.com
There may be slots available on other days but I said I'd discuss with the group first.

Hope you hear from Mike soon.
You had more joy than me :lol: bit weird on the email as they replied to the 1st email that I sent, then I guess they had problems with their mail. It looked like the 20th was pretty full, I am easy on the 11am if everyone else wants that or another day
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I think I was lucky that when I called, Sophia happened to be on the boat. She thought both email addresses are on the website but I can only see the duff one. I wonder how on earth they get bookings?!
I'm not wildly keen on the morning slot myself but what does everyone else think?
We could try for another day but there's not much space in our schedule. Maybe instead of Kashmir Lounge?
We could maybe try to persuade them of the virtues of doing an extra trip at the end of the day with a charming bunch of hardcore stoners. 10ish or so. That would give us longer to find our way back from Stud.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Agreed, I am also not overly keen on the morning sailing myself. I have emailed to their Gmail account to see what is available on the 19th for us which may suit us better?
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Buddha Boat - the only private tour available on the 19th is at 17.30 until 18.30, I think we could fit it in as we have nothing lined up after the Balloon sesh. What does everyone think :?: Or we have the 11am slot on the 20th :?:

Personally I would prefer the 19th at 17.30, as long as we are all heading towards the boat by 16.30'ish' we could make it in time. I will have to let the lady know as soon as. @lemming what do you think to the 17.30 sailing?
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

That a good time count u in
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Us
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I prefer 17.30 on 19th to 11am on 20th but it's not perfect. Did you try on the idea of an extra sailing late on 20th? They'd probably say no but always worth a try.

Last year we were in Ballonnetje for at least 3 hours so it's a bit tight. I reckon I could walk from Ballonnetje to the RLD in 20 minutes but it'll be much slower with a group. Tram 14 is the obvious means of getting there and back but it's a short walk to get to that as tram 7 doesn't stop outside Ballonnetje anymore so you have to walk to Artis.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

If we leave balloonjte by 4.30 we should make it be tight and with a stoned crew shit happens ,unless we offer an extra €10 a head for late sailing which might work 🤔
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

No extra sailing I am afraid as they don't finish their last tour until 10.40pm. The only options we have are the 17.30 on the 19th or the 11am on the 20th or bypass the boat altogether and hang in Balloon longer :?: We would have to pay a deposit to secure the booking and the rest on the day if we went with it
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

OK. In that case maybe I should ask Ballonnetje if we can go there at 1 rather than 2. If that doesn't work we could at least make sure we get there promptly by 2.
We can look up the tram times and work out what we've got to aim for.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

If we can be unusually organised after a session in Ballonnetje, the last viable tram departs Artis (which is about 10 minutes walk from Ballonnetje) at 16:52 arriving at Dam at 17:01. It's about another 10 minute walk from there to the boat.

Synchronise your phones! I'm now imagining alarms going off on every phone in the coffeeshop.

Incidentally, I've also noticed that it's a 20 minute ride to The Stud. So after 4.20, even if we caught the 16:35 (realistically unlikely!) from Dam arriving Molukkenstraat at 16:54 we'd probably still be late for our 5pm appointment. Fortunately the coffeeshop won't sail off without us :D

It's a couple of blocks from Molukkenstraat to Stud. There is a bus stop right outside Stud called Valentijnkade. Bus 40 from Molukkenstraat departs at the same time as the tram arrives and the stop is on the opposite side of the crossroads so we're more likely to get run over by the bus than catch it! We could swap tram 14 for bus 65 at Javaplein. Tram arrives 16:52, bus departs 16:53.

That suggests another idea. If we have no boat after Stud then we could consider a couple of shops on our way back into town. For instance, bus 65 to Javaplein which is between Best Friends and Warda. Then tram 14 to the windmill where there are 3 more shops including Happy People. Just a thought.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Yes @Lemming you could try for an hour earlier at the Balloon. I still haven't heard back again from Safia with the booking form? Will chase up shortly when home and make sure it is still good to go
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Regarding our fallen heroes, FBN and HullDJ. The only means of contacting Birdy I have is via Facebook and they rarely reply. They don't remember FBN so it looks like it's up to us to pay tribute to him as we feel fit. Suggestions?

FBN's wife was, apparently, barely aware of his internet life but HullDJ's wife was more aware of his and a few of you might even have met her. She specifically asked us to smoke a fatty for him in Amsterdam so how about we roll a special joint for him and write a message on it or something nearby. We could then pose for a picture that I could send to his wife when we get home?

p.s. Venue for HullDJ tribute could be 420 Cafe or the boat if it happens.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Lemming wrote: Thu 13th Apr 2023 04:24 pm Regarding our fallen heroes, FBN and HullDJ. The only means of contacting Birdy I have is via Facebook and they rarely reply. They don't remember FBN so it looks like it's up to us to pay tribute to him as we feel fit. Suggestions?

FBN's wife was, apparently, barely aware of his internet life but HullDJ's wife was more aware of his and a few of you might even have met her. She specifically asked us to smoke a fatty for him in Amsterdam so how about we roll a special joint for him and write a message on it or something nearby. We could then pose for a picture that I could send to his wife when we get home?
Amazing that FBN wife hardly knew about his internet life. I have no problems chucking some Bud, Hash, Extracts and what ever else I have in my pocket to make a super sized special doobie :D I have a bunch of menu bags with FBN on to hand out to a few lucky people. I like the idea of sending HullDJ's wife a pic of us all with said joint.

As for the boat, I have just called Buddha and Safia wasn't about but spoke to someone else who is going to get Safia to send over an email with the booking form on, he couldn't even tell me if it was still available. I personally think they are very slack on picking their emails up, why would you keep an email account on your website that doesn't work :? :lol: and they don't even reply to the working one :lol: Hopefully the booking form will appear shortly :lol: