The Gram Tour, June 13-16

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
mafia

The Gram Tour, June 13-16

Post by mafia »

Myself and a few of my dearest paisanos will be converging on the ancient 'Dam in a few days time. We intend to explore many coffeeshops and their offerings but the trip would not be complete IMO without also sampling some good eats, beautiful sights, and some culture in the form of art and music.
Our digs are smack in the centre, a stone's throw away from the stones cafe. I will endeavour to keep a travelogue and post it here but I'm not sure how easy it will be via my phone.
As for smoking, I myself like to vape these days, so my trusty S&B Crafty will be coming along for the ride, no doubt some volcanoes will be activated too. My compatriots are more traditional and mix tobacco (which I'm sure is a bit of a no-no in shops these days??)
Regardless, my lean is towards sativa dominant strains and I’ll entertain some hashish if I can get a rig to smoke through. My muchachos are far less fussy and I will try my best to pass on their thoughts as well as my own on all the lovely offerings, be it beer, weed, food, venue or even art (I’m really hoping to get to go and see some of Basquiat’s work in the flesh).
I have around 75 places flagged on my map app, coffee shop heavy, but also including a ping pong bar, arcade, and even a board game store 😎 Hopefully we will visit a decent amount of them 😅
Keep an eye out for the travelogue 😁
TTFN ACDers ✌️

HitTheNorth

Re: The Gram Tour, June 13-16

Post by HitTheNorth »

Sounds cool @mafia looking forward to the travelogue
Hope you get to see some Basquiat do they have any at the Stedelijk? Not been for a while but they do have an impressive collection. I also enjoy the independent galleries on Niewe Spiegelgracht for a little window shopping. The Jeff Koons was a little out of my price range though :lol:
Have a great time
mafia

Re: The Gram Tour, June 13-16

Post by mafia »

Hey HitTheNorth,
They currently have some of his work on display at the Moco Museum along with Andy Warhol and Banksy! I'll definitely be making the trip there, even if its solo. I would probably go to the Stedelijk or the van Gough or the Rijksmuseum with different company except my mates aren't majorly interested in the museum side of Amsterdam :roll:
But I think I can cajole them to see some famous names like Banksy!
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll add it to my list of possible things to see.