The Gram Tour, June 13-16

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
mafia

The Gram Tour, June 13-16

Post by mafia »

Good morning all,
Just sitting in Bristol bus station at 04:20am typing this up.
I’m with my old mate who shall be named Pilon from here on out, and his brother Big Joe, also a long time friend. We will meet The Pirate, my other long time good mate, in schiphol as he is flying in from Berlin.
Flight is at 7am so hopefully Amsterdam will greet us in fine fettle on the other side of this laborious travelling.

mafia

Re: The Gram Tour, June 13-16

Post by mafia »

Made it to the plane just in time, queues in Bristol airport security were significant but orderly. Roll on arrival in Amsterdam.
Here’s a little titbit of Welsh language for you: The Neatherlands in Welsh is Yr Iseldiroedd (err-eesell-deeroith). Literal translation is The Lowlands.
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Happy landings @mafia
Have a blast!
mafia

Post by mafia »

After eventually meeting up with pirate in schiphol we caught the train to centraal which, imo, is home to one of the best views you can get on exiting a train station.
Promptly located the hotel, got to check in early (result), and rushed to the nearest acme fast food place to fill our travel weary tummies. After that it was off to terps army, for a quick sit and a smoke of some amnesia haze and Dutch gelato.
Through my vape, I got a lovely lemony taste and an energetic chatty high, very nice, fairly standard.
Went to a central bar with central prices for one round of small and pleasant beers that temporarily sated both the pirate and pilon’s thirst. Mine was called “mannen” or similar.
After buying some supplies in one of the several Albert hej stores, we hopped on the tram, bought 4 day passes and went to the vondelpark.
I have just vaped some Dutch gelato, it is also relatively chirpy, perhaps with a bit more body stone thrown in, although I will caveat that with the fact that I slept on the floor of my gracious host pilon. And I, in my middle age, am more used my own bed. So maybe it’s just tiredness?
Taste of the Dutch gelato was sweet, and spicy.
It is glorious here, not a cloud in the sky and I am good and high, probably going to try and find some food and maybe one more weed purchase before getting an early night.
Attachments
096F1D23-6003-4E0B-BC1E-02484AF3CE8A.jpeg
096F1D23-6003-4E0B-BC1E-02484AF3CE8A.jpeg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 1537 times
ED0C3136-228B-40B9-9C0D-0E33BCFE4A24.jpeg
ED0C3136-228B-40B9-9C0D-0E33BCFE4A24.jpeg (1.74 MiB) Viewed 1537 times
7A0DF05E-05EB-4DE5-BC3B-055E49B37913.jpeg
7A0DF05E-05EB-4DE5-BC3B-055E49B37913.jpeg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 1537 times
CFDDCE47-A801-41F3-8EAB-62A6D4C5EB83.jpeg
CFDDCE47-A801-41F3-8EAB-62A6D4C5EB83.jpeg (1.82 MiB) Viewed 1537 times
mafia

Post by mafia »

Good morning,
Just a couple of notes about some bags we bought and the shop we bought from yesterday afternoon.
Upon leaving the vondelpark pilon was keen on playing some table tennis so we located a public table not a million miles away from 1e hulp. Great shop. Decent coffee and very nice interior that splits into different levels and annexes. The bonus was that it was well ventilated and offered cool respite away from the very warm afternoon sun. We purchased some g13 and some purple tangie, both sativa doms.
The G13 tasted herbaceous, fennel like, and enlisted in me very chatty high. After that we played some table tennis and strolled back to the centre where we grabbed a falafel in maoz. Can’t knock it. Very tasty and satisfying. Pilon opted for the mannakenpis chips. I tried one, they were nice (deliciously crispy outter and soft potato inner) but not worth the cost imo.
After taking a pit stop back at the hotel (which, by the way , benefits from an amazing location in the centre but does suffer from poorly ventilated and therefore hot and muggy rooms, at least ours is with four fully grown paisanos huddled in together!), we went to stones cafe for some beers and a smoke. Lovely staff there, good vibes and here was where i tried the purple tangie.
The taste. Delicious. I got abundant sweetness, lavender, and citrus notes and the high was uplifting and euphoric. This is the one to beat so far. It takes the lead based to flavour alone! Let’s see if today can spawn a challenger to this lovely example of the strain!!
mafia

Post by mafia »

Purple tangie
Purple tangie
837731EF-D50E-4679-81BD-B58ED27BC59B.jpeg (1.51 MiB) Viewed 1452 times
G13
G13
915F1BA9-1066-4328-A80E-4C07A4100E53.jpeg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 1452 times
avfc-herbalist

Post by avfc-herbalist »

Nice read mate 8). Will definitely try to find the table tennis next time I'm out there. Good fun whilst being blazed up. Cheers!
sit back, blaze ganja and chill
mafia

Post by mafia »

Good morrow, good people,
Yesterday was spent exploring the NSDM area of Amsterdam which involves a short ferry ride from behind central station. It was yet another glorious day weather wise and after a couple of extremely delicious and satisfying savoury pastries in the form of cheese and ham croissants and chicken curry pasties from jongejans bakery we headed over to greenhouse effect and bought some blue cheese, and candy land cookies.
After the ferry ride across the river, it’s easy to be drawn to the massive mural of Anne Frank that adorns one of the many re-purposed ship building yard buildings. As well as the street art museum there are many other other things to see, including a massive outside space dedicated to graffiti art pieces, a restaurant and, a striking crane that has now been turned into a hotel! Not a bad place to come and experience and there are plenty of quiet and secluded areas that one could roll up a j in and relax for an hour or two.
Big joe and I went to Blast Galaxy whilst up in the Noord, which is a retro gaming arcade. €15 entry fee gets you access to around about 40-50 old school games such as street fighter, mortal combat, and wrestle mania! We enjoyed the time we spent there but ultimately felt that the entry fee was perhaps a little high for what was on offer.
Before embarking on our video gaming quest, I needed to get suitably high!
The candy land cookies smelt fairly standard with immaculate nugs (which swayed me into buying a g) and on vaping tasted a lot of pine. The high was energetic and functional, just what I needed for my gaming extravaganza!
Later I sampled some of the blue cheese which smelt amazing but was very disappointing on taste through the vape. The high was a standard body stone that you expect with a good indica heavy strain like cheese.
Just as a little side note on the meals of th day; I had supper in Maoz which if you don’t know is a vegan “fast food” chain that serves salads and falafel. If you like that sort of thing you cannot go wrong here. Pilon and the Pirate had burgers at burger bar on kolksteeg, and Pilon was very impressed by the quality.
Roll on.
mafia

Post by mafia »

Ok, the final post will be a bit of a summary of the last two days events.
Purchases include grape sorbet hash from greenhouse effect, Pilon says it was delicious. It looked very clean.
Big joe got blue zushi from greenplace and that was a lovely smelling gram, lavender, pine, lemon.. and the smell transferred to the taste too! Don’t know what to think about these cali strains… I’m not sure their cost is justified.
We also grabbed strawberry haze and wagu from utopia, didn’t get to try the wagu myself, but the SH was really good, nice smell flavour, and hazey high!
Strawberry haze.
We visited one last coffee shop which was terps army 2.. and we had to buy half a gram just to stay for a smoke which I didn’t really appreciate. Personally I feel if you buy a drink/snack or two then you should be allowed to smoke your own. The half gram was super lemon haze which was spot on, energetic and tasty!
Now a little note on food, I have to mention two places that we went for food and honestly, one of them was the highlight of my trip this time (my 7th trip to the city).
Hinata is a restaurant situated on westerstraat in the northern part of the Jordaan dirstrict.It serves Japanese fare such as Katsu curry but it is most known for the ramen they serve. I ordered octopus Takoyaki and pork ramen and honestly it was the most delicious meal I’ve had in a long time. The pork was sliced thinly and was so tender, there were thinly sliced mushrooms, chillies, and spring onion in a miso broth with loads of perfectly cooked noodles. The Takoyaki were also mind blowing! Perfectly cooked and so moreish! If you like Japanese, get up there!
Another place i went was literally around the corner from hinata, winkel is a lovely cafe position close to the Nooderkerk. They serve all day but are well known for their apple pie. I had a slice with loads of whipped cream and it was worth the journey on the morning after one of the nights before! So delicious. I challenge you to find a better slice of pie in Amsterdam!
On the whole a very good trip.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Thanks for the travelogue, @mafia. Another good read.

When there were loads of coffeeshops, it was generally acceptable to hang around in a place so long as you bought drinks. In those days I would walk out of a place if they insisted I bought weed before sitting down.

These days the remaining shops are more like dispensaries and are only interested in selling lots of weed. At least there are a few smokers bars where you can hang out.