My mate's first time... 11-14/11/23

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
welshmans_beard

My mate's first time... 11-14/11/23

Post by welshmans_beard »

I promise, its not as seedy as the title sounds!

I'm a regular(ish) visitor, but in November I'm going with one of the lads who's never been before.
Well not properly, he's been with his missus before but she doesn't smoke so he didn't get the full experience.
With all that's said, here's the list of the top "must-visits" based on my past experience:

De Kade
Bagheera
Katsu
het Ballonnetje
The Stud
Greenhouse Effect
1e Hulp

Over to you all, my mate is big on his solid and I've only ever really stuck to the grass whilst there, any good shops for hash that I should look at? And are any on my list overrated? If so, what's a good alt?

Nowt better than sparking a big 'ol leg of lamb
Tokeing tom

Re: My mate's first time... 11-14/11/23

Post by Tokeing tom »

I'd definitely put solo on that for the solid for your mate they really upped there weed game too...greenhouse effect is now the exact same.menu as de kroon and tyson ..you can get some good things on this menu but it's just not my favourite
welshmans_beard

Cheers for the tip Tom, that's not a spot I've tried before but I'll definitely pop in on your recommendation
HitTheNorth

Post by HitTheNorth »

Solid list that, although I've not been to greenhouse effect since it was on warmoestraat.
Not many would disagree with Tom's recommendation of Solo. While you're there he Gelderse is only round the corner.
Surprise shop of my recent visit was Chapiteau near Fredricks Hendricksplein . A crawl of Siberie, 137, Catch 33/La Kalada and Chapiteau means short hops between shops.
De Kade, what can I say, love that place
Enjoy!
welshmans_beard

Thanks HtN, just been reading your latest Travelogue with mild envy.
Ngl I included Greenhouse Effect mainly because I think their seating area out front is top-notch for a bit of smokey peoplewatching. But now I think about it, Nieuwmarkt is in the new "no-smoking-outdoors" zone so I don't know if that's still possible.

Does anyone know?

Have heard really good things about Chapiteau and Het Gelderse, shall definitely pop in.
dlw

Post by dlw »

You can still smoke out front at the greenhouse effect on the terrace.I was there at the beginning of june