Let's do this again!!

Including growing tips and questions.
AzLaker

Let's do this again!!

Post by AzLaker »

Good morning/afternoon ACD'ers. :wave: Well the Zkittles :mrgreen: is curing, the room is cleaned and ready to go, so...
let's do another run. I germinated 3 seeds, Triple Cheese, Wedding Cake & Runtz Punch in moist paper towels Friday evening. All 3 sprouted by Saturday night and I planted them in Rapid Rooters Sunday morning.
I have one, 100watt light going at the moment, at 50%, 2 feet away the girls.
This is what they look like today. :D

I kept a dome over them on the first day
IMG_0423.jpg
IMG_0423.jpg (66.8 KiB) Viewed 3141 times
Then took it off this morning
IMG_0424.jpg
IMG_0424.jpg (94.91 KiB) Viewed 3141 times
More updates later. :thumbup:

AzLaker
8)

If you never do, you'll never know.
AzLaker

Re: Let's do this again!!

Post by AzLaker »

Good morning/afternoon ACD'ers, :wave:
A new day, new growth. Just a couple of pics of the babies after shedding their outer shell & thin membrane.
Looking good after just 2 days.
Another couple of days of letting the tap root get longer, then will transplant into their 5 gallon buckets. :mrgreen:
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0425.jpg (95.64 KiB) Viewed 3085 times
IMG_0426.jpg
IMG_0426.jpg (104.99 KiB) Viewed 3085 times
AzLaker
8)
CopenhagenCouple

Post by CopenhagenCouple »

Weeeeeeeeee, here we go again, gonna see if I can fu8the strains your are growing down here πŸ‘πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ have fun, looking forward to seeing how this one goes πŸ˜πŸ‘
Always know where your towel is! :wtf: :lol:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

CopenhagenCouple wrote: ↑Wed 27th Sep 2023 09:28 pm Weeeeeeeeee, here we go again, gonna see if I can fu8the strains your are growing down here πŸ‘πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ have fun, looking forward to seeing how this one goes πŸ˜πŸ‘
@Mr.C yes, we are!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Good morning/afternoon ACD'ers, :wave: Like I told Mr.C we're at it again. I checked the rapid rooter cubes this morning &
we had good side roots shooting out, beside the main tap root, so it was time to transplant all 3 girls into 5-gallon buckets.
Here's a few pictures to show you my simple DWC set-up.

First, are my nutrients. I use "Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect," along with "Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus," since I use R/O water.
Helps replenish the Calcium & Magnesium that the R/O takes out.
With the R/O water and all nutes added, my Ph sits at 5.9, which is right in range for DWC. :)

The second picture are my 4" air stones soaking in water to get all the air out. You need lots of bubbles to give you a ton of dissolved oxygen for healthy plants.

Third picture is my expanded clay rock, all nice and clean after rising all the dust and debris off.

Fourth picture is my net pots I use to hold the seedlings & clay rock.

Fifth picture is all the baby seedlings ready for transplanting. :D

Sixth picture is 2 out of the 3 babies transplanted.

And the final picture is all the girls transplanted, labeled and happy. 1-100watt LED light on & going at 50% at the moment.
18 hours on & 6 off. I have 2 other 150watt LED lights that I'll turn on after they get established.

That's about it. Now I just sit back and watch them grow. :mrgreen: More updates later.
Have a great day...and remember, "Stay toasty my ACD Friends."

AzLaker
8)

IMG_0436.jpg
IMG_0436.jpg (112.25 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
IMG_0432.jpg
IMG_0432.jpg (66.18 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
IMG_0433.jpg
IMG_0433.jpg (51.17 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
IMG_0434.jpg
IMG_0434.jpg (108.74 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
IMG_0435.jpg
IMG_0435.jpg (80.3 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
IMG_0438.jpg
IMG_0438.jpg (112.38 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
IMG_0440.jpg
IMG_0440.jpg (100.9 KiB) Viewed 2999 times
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

WOO HOO here we go again Mr :mrgreen: looking forward to following your next grow 8) :thumbup:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: ↑Fri 29th Sep 2023 05:10 pm WOO HOO here we go again Mr :mrgreen: looking forward to following your next grow 8) :thumbup:
Thanks @Ghost. I figured I better stay ahead of the game. Between smoking and making edibles, who knows how long it will last. :shock: :lol: Also, I really want to grow some old school Cheese, so that's the other reason for the quick turnaround.
So, it's Triple Cheese, Runtz Punch & Wedding Cake, and all three flower around the same time, (50-55 days) :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

AzLaker wrote: ↑Fri 29th Sep 2023 05:49 pm Thanks @Ghost. I figured I better stay ahead of the game. Between smoking and making edibles, who knows how long it will last. :shock: :lol: Also, I really want to grow some old school Cheese, so that's the other reason for the quick turnaround.
So, it's Triple Cheese, Runtz Punch & Wedding Cake, and all three flower around the same time, (50-55 days) :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Wedding Cake is a strain I really like smoking :D if it has been grown out properly, I haven't seen a good example in Amsterdam though some not bad examples but not the high end stuff, the only good bits I have seen are what have been grown by local growers here. A local grower is currently growing a Blackberry Cake which is looking extremely nice when I was allowed to visit the grow the other day - it is Wedding Cake x Durban x Black Domina an Indica dominant strain supposed to be a very heavy yielder and can finish in 55 - 70days, all the buds are looking very frosty. I also like the sound of the Triple Cheese a good Cheese grown right is a lovely smoke which can be a very heavy hitter. Looking forward to seeing how your grow comes along 8) :thumbup:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: ↑Sat 30th Sep 2023 05:08 pm Wedding Cake is a strain I really like smoking :D if it has been grown out properly, I haven't seen a good example in Amsterdam though some not bad examples but not the high end stuff, the only good bits I have seen are what have been grown by local growers here. A local grower is currently growing a Blackberry Cake which is looking extremely nice when I was allowed to visit the grow the other day - it is Wedding Cake x Durban x Black Domina an Indica dominant strain supposed to be a very heavy yielder and can finish in 55 - 70days, all the buds are looking very frosty. I also like the sound of the Triple Cheese a good Cheese grown right is a lovely smoke which can be a very heavy hitter. Looking forward to seeing how your grow comes along 8) :thumbup:
I grew out a Wedding Cake a couple of grows ago. That along BlueBerry Hill & Dos-Si-Dos. The Wedding Cake was short and bushy, but when I flipped the plants, the BBH just took over and filled up the tent. We did get some decent buds off the W.C. and the buds that we did get were fantastic. Excellent taste with very nice buzz. :mrgreen: The wife and I both said
that we have to grow this again.
Always love the taste of chesse...a nice Skunky, Chessy, Dank taste. :mrgreen: Reminds me of the late 70's early 80's in California. :)
Blackberry Cake sound very interesting, are they turning colors? I would like to taste that. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

The Blackberry Cake when I was at the grow there were 2 short and bushy plants with a lot of leaf that IMO will be 70day'ers till finish and look like they could be very big yielders and there were 2 other ones that were very compact and chunky with very little leaf and some rather nice fat nugs on her and look like they will be ready around the 55 - 60 day mark. I didn't notice any colour change in them myself but as they come to ripen off they may well change colour, they already have a lovely aroma to them. I will get some pics before they finish if allowed and will share them with you during 420 week if we get to town M8 8) :thumbup: Anyways back to your grow Dos-si-dos another plant that I loved smoking :thumbup: :thumbup:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Good afternoon/evening ACD'ers. :wave: Just a quick update on T.C., R.P., and W.C., :wink: now 6 days old.
They all look really good after getting settled into their new environment. Roots are peeking out from the bottom of their net pots :D & they have grown 1/2 inch. :mrgreen:
When I change the buckets this Saturday, I'll increase the light output from 50% to 75% and increase the nutrients & Cal Mg.
That's about it for now. :think:
Here's a couple of pics, and as usual, Stay Toasty my ACD Friends. :mrgreen:
IMG_0446.jpg
IMG_0446.jpg (100.42 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
IMG_0447.jpg
IMG_0447.jpg (72.71 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
AzLaker
8)
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: ↑Sun 1st Oct 2023 09:01 pm Anyways back to your grow Dos-si-dos another plant that I loved smoking :thumbup: :thumbup:
Agree 100% @Ghost. Another plant that I'll definitely grow again. :D Sweet taste, with a hint of lemon & spice. As you know, it was another plant that was grown with the BlueBerry Hill. She got stuck in the corner, but we got some decent buds out of her. :mrgreen:
Just need to give another run. :wink:

AzLaker
8)
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Good morning/afternoon everyone! :D Just a quick update on Triple Cheese, Runtz Punch, and Wedding Cake.
Well, they're out of the seedling stage and starting their vegetation stage. I'll veg. for a month, then will flip to 12/12.
The days in Arizona are still warm, reaching into the high 90's, but the nights are starting to drop into the 60's which is great :D
I'm not going to top the plant this time, I'm just going to trim off the lower branches to keep each plant a little more uniform.
We'll see what happens. :lol: Here's a few pics of how their doing.
Everyone have a wonderful day and as usual, Stay Toasty my ACD friends. :mrgreen:
1st pic is the Triple Cheese :mrgreen:
The 2nd pic is the Runtz Punch :mrgreen:
and the 3rd pic is the Wedding Cake :mrgreen:
IMG_0456.jpg
IMG_0456.jpg (108.49 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
IMG_0457.jpg
IMG_0457.jpg (108.73 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
IMG_0458.jpg
IMG_0458.jpg (97.36 KiB) Viewed 2711 times
AzLaker
8)

Quick Update....Look how much they've filled out in 3 days. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Lovin it!!
All 3 are in the same order, as the top pics.
4 days into veggie stage.
IMG_0465.jpg
IMG_0465.jpg (114.03 KiB) Viewed 2643 times
IMG_0467.jpg
IMG_0467.jpg (99.97 KiB) Viewed 2643 times
IMG_0466.jpg
IMG_0466.jpg (103.9 KiB) Viewed 2643 times
:D :D :D

AzLaker
8)
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Good afternoon/evening fellow ACD'ers. :D
Just a quick update on, Triple Cheese, Runtz Punch & Wedding Cake. :mrgreen:
Changed the nutrients Saturday and tomorrow marks 1 week in veggie stage.
I removed the bottom branches from all the girls and checked the Ph. All 3 different, but all 3 within range.
Also, I turned on the last 2 lights early last week at 50% and now I've increased all 3 lights to 75%. Next week I'll increase
them to the max. :mrgreen:
Here's 3 pics of the girls. :D at 1 week into veg. Short, & stocky. :wink:
IMG_0471.jpg
IMG_0471.jpg (113 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
IMG_0472.jpg
IMG_0472.jpg (118.94 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
IMG_0473.jpg
IMG_0473.jpg (102.46 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
AzLaker
8)
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

nice Mr :mrgreen: looking really good after a weeks veg :thumbup:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Hello ACD'ers. :) Hope everyone's Saturday is going well. It's time to change the nutrients & give a quick update on
all the girls. They're now 10 days into the veggie stage, and really have grown quite a bit and filling out nicely.
Keeping the Ph around 5.7 & the H2O in the bucket sits at 76.8 degrees. Temperature inside the tent stays around 80 degrees, that's with 2-6 inch and 1–12-inch fan running 19 hours a day. Plants don't seem to mind at all. :D
I picked these 3 different strains because basically they stay around the same height and finish flowering around the
same time. Winner, Winner. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Here's a few pics. Enjoy the weekend and as always, Stay Toasty my ACD friends. :mrgreen:
IMG_0481.jpg
IMG_0481.jpg (131.11 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
IMG_0483.jpg
IMG_0483.jpg (152.75 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
IMG_0482.jpg
IMG_0482.jpg (152.88 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
IMG_0484.jpg
IMG_0484.jpg (130.76 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
AzLaker
8)