No smoking 2006?

Legal news, protests, etc.
Stygian23

Post by Stygian23 »

There is no reason a person has to work in a place that allows smoking. If they are worried about cancer they can go get another job. Be a deli clerk, or pick up trash. I am so sick of people trying to legislate every choice a person has in their lives.

50 characters? Nothing to say in 50 characters.
mazdog

Post by mazdog »

/\/\/\/\exactly!!!

like the great Eddie Murphy once said..."Bitch...if you don't like it, get the fuck out"

and recent unbiased, un-govt funded research shows that 2nd hand smoke is MUCH safer than previously believed.

I personally HATE cigarettes and cig smoke....sooooo I take the necessary mean to aviod it, and if i can't avoid it i deal with it, becaise i have no right to tell anyone what they can or can't ingest.
Stygian23

Post by Stygian23 »

I quit smoking cigs once ever four years or so (jsut quit again 3 weeks ago). Quit for a year or three and because I am a fool I start to smoke again. However, as Ben Harper says "If you don't like the smoke then don't come around". Prohibition has never worked. You would think after the alcohol debacle in the States we would have learned this, but that isn't the case. We legalized alcohol and quickly outlawed cannabis. Now they are trying to outlaw tobacco. Legislature aimed at the lowest denomination of a population ends up putting shackles on the whole populace (even those quite capable of making intelligent decisions for themselves). So, eventually you won't be able to use a knife to cut your steak as certain individuals might use a knife to commit murder, so knives will have been outlawed. All meat will be pre-cut for you at the factory when the animals are slaughtered. Ridiculous. It's like random drug testing. If you randomly test 3 people out of an office of say 100, not only is there a large possibility that you won't catch those you are looking for, but you also violate the freedoms and rights of those who don't even use the drugs. Checking someone's piss is the ultimate in personal violations. UGH! Man, the more I think about this the more I feel the rage coming. Think I'll go puff. :twisted:
50 characters? Nothing to say in 50 characters.
juicy fruit

Post by juicy fruit »

:?
Does anyone actually know if the smoking in coffeeshops is going to be banned by Feb 2006? I have also heard that there is going to be a crack down on any tourists who have weed on their person! As it is only going to be dutch citizens that will be allowed to continue smoking marajuana? I hope this is all media hype and un-true. If not i fear this will kill the tourism for Holland as i know a lot of it's revenue is generated by all of us who go over there to smoke. What about smokers rights? Why should we not have designated shops as we do now for people to smoke in!! (coffeeshops)
shroomguy

Post by shroomguy »

I think that it does generate too much money for it to happen in that country.

It is true that some dutch people are fed-up of drug tourism.....particulary that compare to other country there is not that many dutch people using dope.
But what they are proud of is that they have one of the lowest percentage of class a addict.......and not much violent crime.