Hello All.

The place for new members to say hello.
Izord

Hello All.

Post by Izord »

I'm Steve from US. Taking my first trip to 'dam this week, just staying four nights, hope it will be enough to enjoy the city. I know I'm going during the Cup, but didn't really plan it that way. I just want to chill, and check out some art and stuff. See you soon. :D

AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Welcome aboard Izord. Going next week, excellent. How many coffeeshops are you going to see? Four days is enough time to spend some heavy cash. So many coffeeshops, so little time. Thats why I must go again and again and....... AzLaker 8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Izord

Thanks Azlaker

Post by Izord »

I'm arriving Monday, and fly out Friday afternoon. Hoping for a breakfast at Barney's. Amnesia, Greenhouse, and Picassos are on my list. Depending on how I feel, maybe 2 or three coffeeshops a day. I want to fit in time for the vanGogh museum, the Rijksmuseum, maybe Ann Frank's house, and yes even the Heinekin museum. I lucked out on my plane ticket, $450 round trip, so I have some money to burn. :wink: But I haven't had a smoke in 5 years, so I'll be a real light-weight. Just want some spacey sativa. I should ask for the "haze" right?
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Yes any Haze should do the trick and there are many to chose from. You must hit The Coin, a great place to hang out. Stop in at The Albert Cup, next to the brewery. One long outdoor market. You'll like the Heineken Tour. Free beer and a free gift when you leave. AzLaker 8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Boner

Post by Boner »

Welcome to the forums, loads of good advise here!
Being pedantic and knobbish since 1972
mazdog

Post by mazdog »

welcome aboard man!
you are in for great time.
The VanGogh is really nice, i am far from the museum/art gallery type (the mrs was with me and she is really into vangogh) and actually really enjooyed it...must have been all the haze :P

while you are down in that area try to stop into Katsu, i didn't and continue to kick myself in the ass everytime i read the awesome reviews it gets.
Izord

Boner and Mazdog... Looking forward to it!

Post by Izord »

I'm going to try to get to the Coin and Katsu.

Mazdog, who's the kid in your avatar? Izord
woody

Post by woody »

Welcome aboard mate,and have a good trip....Woody 8)