early march

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
CloudedThoughts

early march

Post by CloudedThoughts »

i'm planning to go within the first week or two of march,but people have been telling me certain shops only serve people with dutch ids,meaning tourists dont get served.i'm hoping he's just jealous cause hes not going and is trying to feed me as much BS as possible.but regardless,anyone have any particular shops i should venture to first in amsterdam?and is willie wortels really worth a look?

mazdog

Post by mazdog »

the local only thing is complete BS (at this point). There is a extensive discussion on it in a couple threads here.

Pink Floyd, Nes Cafe, De Kuil, Barneys, greenhouse, Grey Area, Amnesia, Dolphins, Dampkring, Tweed Kamer......and the list goes on, any of those should do you right fer sure tho.
CloudedThoughts

YES!
thanks for the info,and the speedy response,i'm going to enjoy this trip indeed.
back2thedam

Post by back2thedam »

mite c u out there, we fly home 3 march.
Epsilon

Post by Epsilon »

The WW shops in Haarlem are indeed nice shops ...Haarlem itself is worth the trip though...If LI NY means Long Island New York ...maybe you'll want to see the original Harlem ...quite different ...WW Sativa is just a block from the Train Station (which is less than Half hours ride from CS Amsterdam) ...a great stop to fortify yourself for the 5-10 minute walk to the Grote Markt , which is one of the great sites in NL, if not all of Europe ...You'll be able to pick up maps of Haarlem at Sativa , should you want to findWWs Sensilillia or Indica (which I seem to remember reading was recently renovated - anyone checked it out lately ? ) ...CS Empire and Theehuis are enroute from Sativa to Grote Markt ...We like Haarlem so much ,we've started or ended trips there vs. Amsterdam ...enjoy
marcw84

the local only thing

Post by marcw84 »

it's crap. i'm from the u.s. and was worried about the exact same thing. i went jan 3-11. i asked every single person working at the coffeeshops about the possibility of only allowing dutch citizens to enter the coffeeshops and they said it was complete garbage. don't worry, have fun! i'm already planning a trip back in may when it's a tad warmer. but it doesn't matter. cold or warm, amsterdam is great.
mrwurzal

MMMM

Post by mrwurzal »

Nah you shouldnt have too much of a problem at many of the places out there i had a recent trip and it wasnt an issue!!

We will be returning i think it will be May!!! so you can give me you best tips on your return ready for my trip!!

Have Fun!
CloudedThoughts

a bit of a change in plans,i'll be in dam from feb22-mar1st,this is my first adventure so i'm planning to run rampant.anyone know of any parks worth seeing while smoking?
Redeye

Post by Redeye »

Ive never been :shock: but everyone will tell you Vondelpark is well worth a visit. i'll be in Amsterdam during your stay maybe we will bump into each other :wink:
You missed it right?
mazdog

Post by mazdog »

Vondelpark is amazing
There are somes pic on this site.

There is another smaller park down deeper in de pijp, its called sarathpark (something like that) also really nice and quite a bit smaller than vondel.
weedman

Post by weedman »

mazdog wrote:Vondelpark is amazing

There is another smaller park down deeper in de pijp, its called sarathpark (something like that) also really nice and quite a bit smaller than vondel.
ahh.... de pijp...stoned.. mouth watering street-side food vendors..
yummy...
<=-Weedman-=>
CloudedThoughts

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....
the countdown begins....i leave for the dam in T-Minus 9 hours....hope to run into a few people from here.
back2thedam

Post by back2thedam »

c u there,
Lofrequency

Post by Lofrequency »

mazdog wrote:Vondelpark is amazing

It's called Sapharti park - check out Albert Cuypmarkt on the way.
:)