Dolphins

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.
moby69

Dolphins

Post by moby69 »

Can some1 confirm or deny The Dolphins has got their licence back,as i read on another board that some1 purchased weeds there last week.
Thanx in advance

milehigh

Post by milehigh »

No weed at Dolphins. But you can smoke there, and they got beer. Since Amsterdam is committed to reducing the number of Coffeeshops by half, I would bet a paycheck that Dolphins will never sell weed again. I know they are in the habit of telling people, "soon, soon". But it's just not true.

milehigh
buddy

dolphins

Post by buddy »

If Dolphins won't be selling weed anytime soon because Amsterdam is commited to reducing coffeeshops by half this is a sad day indeed. How reliable is this info? Do the powers that be think that patrons of coffeeshops will also be cut in half? No way!!! The effects would be disastrous. Long lines, limited supplies for the demand and overcrowding to name a few! What can be done to prevent this from happening?
Valo

Re: dolphins

Post by Valo »

I wont post the link to the forum I read the info on (and i'm sure milehigh read first hand) but the information was passed on by a very well known and respected coffeeshop propietor in Haarlem - so I would take it as very reliable information.

It certainly would be a shame to see any of Amsterdams coffeeshops lose their license (maybe with the exception of La Canna! *cold shiver*) But it has something to do with limiting the number of coffeeshops in relation to how many citizens live in Amsterdam.
~ Is that a grinder in your pocket? ~
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

The number of coffeeshops has been diminishing since 1995 (is that really 10 years? – scary thought!). See the History section on the Coffeeshops General Info page for more info:

https://www.coffeeshopdirect.com/General/GenCS.html
cheech

Post by cheech »

OK i was there 3 weeks ago....it was constantly packed but one time we walked past and saw some seats downstairs....went into buy some bud, but they only solded alcohol, so we left and went to global chillage.....we walked past the next day cos we felt like a beer and they no longer sold beer....only bud!!!!!!!!!! i dunno if they cahnge it day by day or something but as far as i know, they are selling weed!!!!!!
lctricity

Post by lctricity »

cheech wrote:OK i was there 3 weeks ago....it was constantly packed but one time we walked past and saw some seats downstairs....went into buy some bud, but they only solded alcohol, so we left and went to global chillage.....we walked past the next day cos we felt like a beer and they no longer sold beer....only bud!!!!!!!!!! i dunno if they cahnge it day by day or something but as far as i know, they are selling weed!!!!!!
Weird?!! So did you buy some gear and did you like it?

Will someone who is over there or soon to be please post a defintive report?

I, and many others I'm sure, would love to see this place back in business. Their White Dolphin reefer and Royal Dolphin hash were out of this world. Even without their liscense they are still worth a visit.
scooberu

Post by scooberu »

maybe the barmen thought he was being funny playing on the word budweiser.
grandpoohbah

Post by grandpoohbah »

hey, dont worry they are selling weed again, i got some from there last friday....
weed will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no weed.
moby69

Post by moby69 »

milehigh wrote:No weed at Dolphins. But you can smoke there, and they got beer. Since Amsterdam is committed to reducing the number of Coffeeshops by half, I would bet a paycheck that Dolphins will never sell weed again. I know they are in the habit of telling people, "soon, soon". But it's just not true.

milehigh
Just give ur paycheck to a nice little charity m8,let Nol choose which one.lol