The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2024

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2024

Post by Lemming »

A few thoughts:

Trams - Traditionally we've walked miles around Amsterdam. It's very flat and walking is a great way to see the city if it's not raining. Now Trad, Igraine and maybe others wish to reduce the yomping. Day tickets for the duration of our stays give us freedom of trams, buses, metros and night buses. This means that we can get to outlying places quickly and easily. Having got day passes we might as well use them to the max to get our moneys worth so we can hop on and off even for short journeys. That's why I've been mentioning the trams between proposed venues.

Delicious pizza - I think that was De Pizzabakkers, way down Haarlemmerdijk, beyond the Barney's shops on Haarlemmerstraat. Pizzabakkers is actually a chain with several branches around the city. There's one near Ballonnetje, one in the Pijp, one near the NDSM ferry terminal and more. So, there may be several opportunities to enjoy one of their delicious pizzas.

The Bottle - I like it there and we've traditionally popped in before 420 Café on 420 Day. Last year we found they and Flying Dutchman had introduced new restrictions so, sadly, they're not as stoner-friendly as they used to be.

Yo-Yo closing at 7 - that shouldn't be a problem, in fact it might be useful in defining when the evening starts, if you see what I mean.

Kashmir - I'm coming round to the idea of going there after the boat. We'll be dropped right by the tram 17 so could get there quite quickly. Should get most of two hours before the last tram back. Even after that there may be night buses. Everyone into loud house music?

Meet for The Stud - Ghost already has a T&T at Gelderse around 12 and that's quite close to where tram 14 goes from Centraal. If we want to move from there to somewhere larger or just a change of scenery, we could schedule another meet about 1. Somewhere along the route of tram 14 would be ideal. Ghost mentioned staying near Dam so how about Kadinsky 2 and/or its associated bar directly opposite?

Generally, is everyone happy with using public transport or is anyone planning to walk or cycle? Sounds like AzLaker is not planning to see the sea. Is anyone else interested if the weather is OK? If not we could come up with an alternative plan, such as messing about on ferries, maybe visiting Baba and/or Pizzabakkers at NDSM.

jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

@azlaker I've got my Nike pumps inflated to the max.

@Lemming I'll more than likely be getting a tram pass. Don't think my foot will hold up to cycling.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

We have a table reservation for 10 at the Rum Barrel on the 19th at 6pm 8) we already have 9 of us and I am guessing @Bedge might want to join us there as well.

Weeks Events =

17th - I will be missing all the ACD action in town :(

18th - I will be missing all the ACD action in town :(

19th - Is quite an eventful day especially for my 1st day in town 'LOVE IT' :D :mrgreen: yes I will be in Het Gelderse around noon for my 1st smoke of this 420 trip 8) and hopefully a few of the great ACD Crew in town will come and say Hi :thumbup: then I expect I will and try and check in quickly to get shot of my bag before joining you guys at where your at. We are booked into the Barrel at 6pm and that gives us a 2.5hr slot there if we need it(I think) and then over to Best Friends for a good session, so we may be out of Best Friends around 8pm or we may not :mrgreen: - after that I am easy on where we end up Hunters in Rembrantplien sounds a good option as it is on the way back to centrum and like already said there are plenty of coffeeshops to stock up on product around the area :D but I am easy really

20th - A nice casual morning by the look of it, expect I will find somewhere to hole up for a couple hours for the morning Wake 'n' Bake (location/not sure yet). Looking forward to the evenings boat ride and trying to 'Hot Box' that out. Think we should get a couple of those really large cones and fill them with some Hash and Green for the journey, something I will do when in Siberia 8) :mrgreen: I don't mind jumping on the tram and heading down to the Kashmir Lounge as said before if that is what everyone else wants to do, will give us a few hrs down there and we got the coffeeshop opposite we can head to for restocking :mrgreen: but I am also open for staying up around the top end of town

21st - Looking forward to getting back to the Balloon for a proper session again :D with the crew and also looking forward to the pinball competition later on - I have got 2 mystery prizes that can be won and the winner will get the choice between them and the second highest score will win the other 8) :thumbup: I will not take a prize if I win which there is not much chance of as I am not any good at it :lol:

22nd - DNA and De Kade :thumbup: good session there hopefully :D so looking forward to that and they also had a really good Volcano we can get up and running @Lemming that's your department :thumbup: :D did they have a pool table also :?: A crawl of DePijp one of my favourite parts of town and a session in Yo-Yo 8) :thumbup:

23rd - will be keeping the ACD 420 week going with whoever is left in town :mrgreen: 8) 8)

Trams I will be using as normal when in town but I will also be using the shoe lace express every now and again especially if there is something I want to see or get a pic of etc but generally I will be saving my legs :lol:

Meet for the Stud - after Gelderse - Kadinsky 2 :thumbup: or some other options would be the De Kroon, Prix d'Ami all good venues with space for us all

Agree with visiting different smoking bars every night keeps it interesting and you never know we might find a ACD 'Gem' for us all 8) some of the ones we used on Warmoesstraat last year were good places for a session and few tipples. The Tribe was a good place even with the arcade machine messing with our heads :lol:

Overall looking forward to the week in town and spending time with the 420 crew again and any new 420 members in town :thumbup:
Last edited by Ghost on Thu 21st Mar 2024 06:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

jollylittlehun wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2024 10:25 am One more hurdle overcome. one more to go this afternoon. If all goes well I'll be booking my flight tonight!

:mrgreen:

Nice 1 buddy, how are you getting on? fingers crossed for you man
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Well folks! I jumped really high.
Screenshot_20240321_173625.jpg
Screenshot_20240321_173625.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 413 times
See you all for 420 2024! I can't wait to meet you all.
gapie

Post by gapie »

I m always up for public transportation
Good connections in Amsterdam
I don't complain about it
I use it always I live in the northern part of Amsterdam
I need to take the metro to Amsterdam centre
GetHigh,DoStuff&Dont give a FUCK!
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

jollylittlehun wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2024 06:03 pm Well folks! I jumped really high.

The jump of a champion 8)

:clap: look forward to meeting you and blazing some greenery with you :thumbup: - welcome to the 420 crew 8) :mrgreen:
gapie

Post by gapie »

@jolly a long time didn't see ya cool U coming 420 to :mrgreen:
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Ghost wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2024 06:33 pm
jollylittlehun wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2024 06:03 pm Well folks! I jumped really high.

:clap: look forward to meeting you and blazing some greenery with you :thumbup: - welcome to the 420 crew 8) :mrgreen:
Looking forward to blazing with you too.
gapie wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2024 06:43 pm

@jolly a long time didn't see ya cool U coming 420 to :mrgreen:
It has been a while mate. Just looked back and we first met in 2012.
gapie

Post by gapie »

Trying to remember but I know U no worries man U cool I trust ya dude :mrgreen:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

A few coffeeshops we could try and visit on the De Pijp crawl that might be worth a look are Club Media, Stones, Katsu, Nice Place obviously these are on the other side of Sarphatipark to Yo-Yo but we could get a couple in maybe :?:
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Trad wrote: Wed 20th Mar 2024 11:18 pm I was just looking at the Spirit coffeeshop on Google maps and there is a video in the shop. As the camera scans the area, we get a very good shot of Gapie standing front and center.

I agree with Lemming and AzLaker in regards to a different bar each night.
:lol: :lol: I cant find that Trad I want to see it :lol: :lol:
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Ghost wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2024 06:33 pm

Way to go jollylittlehun, you cleared the huddle!! :thumbup: :lol: Fantastic. :clap:
Looking foward to meeting you. :mrgreen:

gapie wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2024 06:17 pm I m always up for public transportation
Good connections in Amsterdam
I don't complain about it
I use it always I live in the northern part of Amsterdam
I need to take the metro to Amsterdam centre
Looking foward to seeing you again Gapie. Will get WhatsApp in a couple of weeks to stay connected.

Before I forget, I texted Buddha Boats the other day about renting a hookah for our 420 excursion. Got a reply today, and we're all hooked up. One hookah for our trip. The hookah will handle 6 people at a time. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

AzLaker wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2024 09:20 pm Will get WhatsApp in a couple of weeks to stay connected.
Was gonna ask you about that. New phone?
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

AzLaker wrote: Thu 21st Mar 2024 09:20 pm The hookah will handle 6 people at a time. :mrgreen:
Brilliant! So it is a weed hookah then.
Smoke box ahoy!