Vote for your favourite shop

General discussion about cannabis and coffeeshops.

What is your favourite coffeeshop?

Grey Area
14%
Barney's
7%
Dampkring
10%
Abraxas
5%
Homegrown Fantasy
6%
Pink Floyd
5%
Greenhouse (all 3)
4%
Dolphins
4%
Rookies
3%
Old Church
2%
Noon
1%
Tweede Kamer
4%
Amnesia
8%
de Kuil (420 Cafe)
9%
Central
2%
Rokerij (all 4)
5%
Greenhouse Effect
2%
Paradox
3%
Coffeeshop 36
2%
Bluebird
3%

Total votes: 698

Lemming
Site Admin

Vote for your favourite shop

Post by Lemming »

Thought I'd try this as an experiment.
These are the top 20 most popular shops according to the correspondence that I've received over the years.
Of course these are all in central Amsterdam where most tourists go. Just out of interest, the most popular shop in Amsterdam outside the centre is Katsu. Popular shops outside of Amsterdam include Kosbor (Maastricht), The Pink (Eindhoven) and Yanks (Zandvoort).

You must register as a user in order to vote, the software insists on this to stop multiple voting. Still, you don't need to enter much info to register and can remain completely anonymous (I don't care whether you enter a real email address and, if you do, I promise not to pass it on).
Last edited by Lemming on Fri 27th Jul 2007 06:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.

JSB

Post by JSB »

I would vote for Route 66 but it's not listed so I've gone for Greenhouse Effect instead. Future is alright, also, but the music they play in there is bloody awful :x
lctricity

Post by lctricity »

Amnesia wins hands down imo.

The service, vibe, gear and milkshakes of course totally ROCK here.

If there was a single negative I could point to it would have to be the price of gear, but when the other factors of the place are in play it seems more than worth it.

Don't miss this place as it's what Coffeeshops all over the Netherlands should strive to be like.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

I can't put all of the 1200 or so shops on the main site into this poll, it would be just too big!

You can add new topics for other shops in this section and add like/dislike polls although, to be honest, I would like to differentiate between the popular places and less well-known shops.

The top 20 or so shops as listed here have vast numbers of comments on the main site and their pages are getting too long. I would like to encourage people to comment on those shops here in the forum.

For those shops with less than say about 10 reviews on the main site I would still like you to email me your comments for inclusion on the shop pages.
lctricity

Post by lctricity »

Lemming wrote:I would like to encourage people to comment on those shops here in the forum.
I will do my best to send some detailed reviews of some of the lesser frequented and posted on shops after my upcoming trip.

This place is a goldmine of information and can only get better from here on out.

I too encourage any and all members to post their experiences for the good of everyone here.
scooberu

coffeshop review

Post by scooberu »

Greetings fellow smokers
just joined.
I wanted to say I couldn't agree more. amnesia is the best of the rest. MKultra was out of this world. I have been to the dam every year for 9 years, (sometimes twice) and I only found it on my last trip. will definately be going back.
a very close second is barneys. I know its alot more expensive than it used to be but for quality of produce there is no contest.
Hope this message finds eveyone well
buddy

coffeeshop reviews

Post by buddy »

my vote has to go to Amnesia...though I can't remember why!!!
OB-1

Paradox is a comfortable joint.

Post by OB-1 »

Like many on this board I also enjoyed the Amnesia. But in terms of overall comfort the Paradox was tops. When I was last there (May04) the music was mellow (Etta James and Crowded House) and the place exuded the sophisticated charm of its Jordaan canal-side locale. There is a ton of reading material (mostly Dutch) and the foods and fruit juices are great.
Raven

Post by Raven »

Had to vote for the Old Church! I love this place at night, especially when it's raining outside and the streets are illumintaed by a sparkle of red light off the wet cobbled floor. The top floor is a nice place to crash out with a bong in hand.
Quote the Raven: "Nevermore"
T MON€Y

Post by T MON€Y »

Had to go for grey area, if were simply talking about quality of bud.

went here most evenings when i was working over there just for a grab and go, but john started to recognise me (it helps, of coures, if your polite) and give me a bit extra. the 4077 medicinal is a good everyday smoke, and the sativa version of AK-47....wow. And yellow cab.......I could go one for ages, i'll leave it at that!
boesemani

Post by boesemani »

I have to pick Barney's, though not the first coffeeshop I visited (that was Abraxas) Barney's has been the first stop on all subsequent visits - I love the Sweet Tooth and Laughing Buddha and I like the decor and general 'vibe' in there.

boesemani
kilgore

Post by kilgore »

Hmmm, seems apparent from the poll that overlooking Amnesia has been a big mistake *mental note for next trip*
bigblunts

Post by bigblunts »

i went this past spring break(march5-11), the sour diesel at amnesia was awesome, but my favorite shop, hands down, was the grey area. the weed was the best in the city, john was cool as hell, he even hooked me up with a female piece for my jerome baker back at home. the shop may be a bit small, but that helped you get to know the people that came in.
JW

Post by JW »

aminesia is a nice place
GreekSheik

Post by GreekSheik »

I was just over this past week. My favorite coffeeshop was definately Amnesia. I found it my second day there and I returned at least once each remaining day. Their Sour Diesal was my favorite smoke the whole trip. Their NYC Diesal and Amnesia Haze were quite nice as well. Tried some Star Trek Hash as well and agreed with the menu's description "Beem me up Scotty". The people there were pretty chill and the staff was friendly and helpfull. The interior furniture was nice and comfy, which definately set the mood for a chill time.