Twichaldinho's 420 Experience. Loads of pics.

After (or during) your trip, post your report here.
Twichaldinho

Twichaldinho's 420 Experience. Loads of pics.

Post by Twichaldinho »

From the moment Newbinho and I were dropped off at Edinburgh airport I new it was gonna be a good trip :wink: .
For a start, Newbinho had brought a jammin’ spliff, packed with THC dust from his grinder. Most defiantly the cause of much hilarity at the duty free, where we were involved in some deep conversations’ about which Liquor bottle would make the best bong :D .

Fast forward to Centraal Station Amsterdam. 10:30AM on the dot. We make a break from the train, no stopping, well except for a grinder, and proceed straight to the Dampkring on Haarlemerstraat for the early morning MnG with the troops. Dampkring was packed so we stood back and waited till the crowd dispersed. I opted for 2g of Tazman Haze ( €11 a gram). Newbinho got The Super Silver.
The Tazman was almost out so was primarily shake but I bought it anyway because its bloody good shit :!:
The top floor was closed so we just sat on the first. Quickly, we stitched together a couple of spliffs and started to blaze. The dude sitting right next to newbinho turned out to be none other than LiquidSwords, him, RedEyedIndian and Trichome-Dense had been there for awhile I think. We tried to have some conversations but I found it a little hard to hear everyone over the sounds of Funkadelic on the Dampkring’s sound system. I was sitting right under the speaker though so that may have been the reason. They were all really cool dudes though, this was there second stop of the day, Piccaso being the first. They hadn’t even checked in yet and they were two shops in!!
I found the Tazman just right for a first smoke, Very smooth on the Inhale and Exhale. Slight minty taste. Nice clear head.
I quickly smoked the 2 grams and popped back down for a gram of Stellasour( €9 I think). It had caught my eye when I was buying the Tazman, but it was so busy when we first arrived I just grabbed the Tazman and let the next man in.
When I rejoined the group we had grown by one. Bifton had joined the gang. A top bloke who, I believe was smoking on AK. We had some animated chats and I learned the Bifton had over done it over the last couple of days. By the time I finished rolling up the Sour, time was getting on so newbinho and I split to check in and drop off our bags at the Mevlana. We made plans to meet Liquid and the Lads at Mellow Yellow at 9pm later when Lampshade would be arriving.
The weather was simply stunning. Made the walk down to the Hotel with our bags that little bit more enjoyable.
From the Mevlana, I took newbinho to Sanemanterang for a quick spliff, and to show him the coffeeshop with the most character in Amsterdam ( IMO). I bought the outdoor Powerplant. For € 8 a g. Newbinho bought white widow bio. Two quick spliffs later and we were off to mellow yellow to meet Puffin13.
Upon arrival we went straight to the tender and asked if Puffin was there. The tender said yeah, he’s the Stoner over there :D . Puffin was playing a game of weeds with friends, a card based game, so we just told the tender to let him know we were here, and we slunk off to get high. Oh, Purchases, I got two grams of Nevils Haze

We rolled up a spliff each ( Newbinho got chocoloupe). Not long after we had started smoking puffin took time out from his game of cards to come over and chat with us. And what a pleasure it was. A true Gentleman and old school stoner.
We spent the time it took me to roll another J for consumption just chatting to ACD’s News reporter, picking his brain on all things Amsterdam. When Puffin found out newbinho had bought the Chocoloupe, he politely let us know that the GreenPlace had Awesome Chocoloupe at the moment and that we should check it out. Now, both Newbinho and I had both been impressed with M.Y’s version so god knows how good the Greenplace’s shit was going to be.
Before we knew it Hunger was beating a very loud drum in our Stomach’s so we bid farewell to Puffin, allowing him to get back to his game of cards( was nice meeting ya man, a real pleasure :!: ). However before that, Puffin had suggested a place where we could grab some nice Sandwiches, but since we were now very, very high, we totally forgot untill we were halfway towards our next intended coffeeshop. :lol:
We had planned to go to Pacific coffeeshop, and found it without any trouble, but we opted instead to continue to Museumplien. We grabbed some ham and cheese croissants, some fruit and some Juice from the Albert Hein and dined alfresco.
Here’s some lovely pics.

All munched up and ready for a smoke, we doubled back on ourselves and headed for Pacific. As is often the way though, stoners are easily sidetracked. This shop caught our eye.

It’s called Terra Incognita I believe and is a gem of a shop. Its packed full of really cool Stones and crystals and stuff. I picked up a couple of little cool statue type things for my bro and Newbinho bought a kick ass Buddha.

This is the owner I believe, she hardly spoke English which made it fun to try and chat.

O.K. onward into Pacific.

The reason I wanted to visit this place was Milehigh. He had mentioned it to me, along with a couple of others, when we met in January. My first impression was that it could do with a lick of paint :lol:.
It’s a little grubby, but I liked it. it’s a big place, with a big tobacco smoking room. There’s a pool table and pinball. Two Booths at one side of the room with ample seating, and one or two high tables along the window side. The tender was friendly enough without being chatty. I bought the orange bud ( I’ve forgot the price ).

I rolled up this fatty.

And got nicely baked. A fine example of the strain. I didn’t hear newbinho complain about his selection either so it’s a thumbs up for me on Pacific. I recommend a visit on you’re next trip 8) .
Now, I had a planned crawl involving Kabouter, Katsu and a few others. This didn’t happen. :cry:
From Pacific we wandered past Kabouter and on into Media.

They are currently in the middle of a refurb but there is still loads of space to sit. I bought the Sour Diesel, hoping it would be as good as the last sour I got.

It wasn’t.
It was nice, don’t get me wrong. I smoked it pure and it burned fine. Got me high too. The taste was mild though, I mean, I new it was Sour Diesel, but my last experience of Sour Deez’ was almost heavenly.
Finishing up my cup of tea, we headed round the corner with the Intention of going into Katsu. Upon reaching katsu, we realised it was packed and opted instead to just wander in the sun and enjoy our buzzes for a while. Have I mentioned the weather yet :lol: :?:
After a while, we found ourselves back near the centrum . It was decided that we would go and grab the much spoke of Terminator from Basjoe, then go and rest up our feet back at the Mevlana for a while. Time had flown by and it was now around 7PM.
When we got to Basjoe, it was quite empty. Just the Tender ( the one with the dreds, James?) and a couple of customers.
As always, we were greeted with a smile. I didn’t even ask for the menu this time, I just asked for a gram of Terminator. It had been agreed weeks ago the Newbinho and I were going to split the cost of a gram of this shit. I watched carefully as the Tender tore the Brown paper weighed out our shit , folded the paper and popped it into a baggie. When he handed me the Stuff, I’m sure he gave me a little wink. Here’s some pics.

From Basjoes, we grabbed the customary huge bag of Junk food and Sweets for the room and went to check in proper.
Arrival at the room was somewhat of a relief. For around 15mins I just laid down and reflected on a bloody hectic day.
Took time to take stock as they say 8) .
I’m back in Amsterdam, I had already met 5 forum members, been to 6 coffeeshops and bought about 11 grams of smokables. That’s a good day in anyones book!
Once we were unpacked and settled in, I snapped this pic

Then rolled a Terminator spliff.
Having read many ways in which people had applied this shit but only ever seen one person rolling oil, I opted for what I had saw first hand.
I smeared it on the Inside of my Skin before I put the Herb In.

I cant remember what ‘erb I used as a base, but I couldn’t taste it anyway. I don’t think Terminator really has a taste, you just know you’re smoking it :wink:

. In my opinion, there ain’t nothing pleasurable about smoking it. Its very lung expansive, made me cough a lot at first but I got over that. The effects however, wow. Heavy headed-ness is Instant.
That heavy headed-ness claimed newbinho almost as soon as he passed me the spliff back. I had to wake him up twice before he actually got up and got ready to hit the Streets again. :lol:
Safe to say its strong.
So strong infact that even though I had a notepad with me, all I have in it for the rest of Saturday night is

Greenplace, 1g x18,1g cho. M.Y. 1g Bku.

Now that means We went to green place after Newbinho got his shit together! :lol:
I bought the X18,

I believe a Pakistani Indica? And on Puffin13’s earlier recommendation, the Chocoloupe.
Image (sorry, rubbish pic!)

I rolled up a quick spliff of the Chocoloupe and realised exactly why Puffin preferred this to Mellow Yellow’s. The taste man, the taste is sooo pronounced :wink: .
Made me lick my lips after almost every exhale.
With terminator still in my brain I cant even try and tell you what the High was like. I would be lying if I did.
Now we left Greenplace around 20.40 and walked down to Mellow Yellow to meet back up with Liquidswords and the gang. We got to M.Y. at just after 9, barely able to keep our eyes open at this point. We figured we were the first ones there so I grabbed a gram of Burundi Kush ( cheers Puffin dude!)

and posted up at the window seat, the exact one we were in that very afternoon, assuming that when Liquid and crew showed up we would see them coming in.
I had barely finished rolling up the some of the Sour D from Media, when I turned to newbinho, one look at his face let me know he felt exactly like I did. Knackered :!: We agreed that if we didn’t see anyone arrive by the time I had smoked the sour D , we would just call it a day and head back to the room.
The moment I pushed the roach into the ashtray, newbinho was packing up our shit ready to leave. The sour D had gave me somewhat of a second wind so the walk back to the Hotel was an enjoyable one for me. I think we grabbed a cone of fries each en route to the hotel.
Back in the room, I took a couple of Bud shots, ate some junk, Terminated another spliff and crashed in that exact order :!:

Day one over, Tommorow we do the same all over again! :lol:
That took me fuckin ages to type. I type sssslllloooowwww!
I'll get day 2 up when I can be arsed :wink:
Last edited by Twichaldinho on Wed 22nd Apr 2009 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Endure
Boner

Post by Boner »

Awesome.
m.c

Post by m.c »

your reports never fail to amaze me twitch, brilliant once again and I bet im not alone when I say day2 day2 day2 more more more. :lol:
Trichome_Dense

Post by Trichome_Dense »

:D :D :D Bloomin Buds of Bliss Batman... Was that you sitting downstairs in Mellow Yellow? We were upstairs waitin' ferya... we were there man...

There was like - 6 or 7 ACDers upstairs while you and Newbinho were downstairs waiting for us to turn up - LMFAO man. :D :D :D

This is typical of stoners...
... as long as it aint a cheque ;)
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Trichome_Dense wrote::D :D :D Bloomin Buds of Bliss Batman... Was that you sitting downstairs in Mellow Yellow? We were upstairs waitin' ferya... we were there man...

There was like - 6 or 7 ACDers upstairs while you and Newbinho were downstairs waiting for us to turn up - LMFAO man. :D :D :D

This is typical of stoners...
Yeah, Liquid filled me in at 420. We were fucked by this point though :lol:
Endure
TwoCanucks

Re: Twichaldinho's 420 Experience.

Post by TwoCanucks »

Twichaldinho wrote: I cant remember what ‘erb I used as a base, but I couldn’t taste it anyway. I don’t think Terminator really has a taste, you just know you’re smoking it :wink:
This is a beautiful work of art that should be remembered and catalogued for future generations.

Brilliant read. I've never seen anything like that pic of the gram of fresh Terminator. It looked like kryptonite, exactly the same as Superman's weakness... for a pot smoker.

lol. Thanks for sharing.

TC
Amsterdam dreaming.............
geoffk

Post by geoffk »

Top pro work there. I've found that the strains I got from Club Media weren't' the best tasting, but I go for the Hindu Kush and prices.
stonerdave79

Post by stonerdave79 »

totally top notch,loved reading your post,The termanatior looks gr8 mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Bifton

Post by Bifton »

Hey Twichaldinho, good to meet you at the dampkring. Yeah was a bit loud in there. Shame I missed you at Basjoes.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Great write up, excellent,like to smoke with you my friend.mayb some day
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Twichaldinho

Post by Twichaldinho »

Cheers folks. It makes the cramp in my fingers seem worthwhile :lol:

Day 2

I woke up way earlier than newbinho, I suppose that’s cause I fell asleep before him :D . It was a blessing though. Whilst reaching over for the remainder of the Terminator spliff from last night, I noticed Mr Sun was just peeking his head up for the day. I grabbed my camera and shot this.

I may be staying in a budget hotel but a view like that is priceless.
By the time I had finished the Terminator spliff. Newbinho was awake. So I jumped in the shower while he was getting his bearings. When I came out he was smoking on something nice :D . I got dried while he was in the shower, rolled up the Burundi Kush and took a seat at the window with the morning sun beating down on my face. The Burundi tasted very nice, it reminded me of the Purple Kush from the Greenplace but with a more fuller flavour. It made me really lethargic and Hungry. By the time Newbinho was ready to go I was hella-baked :!:
We were out of the Hotel and on the streets by 09:20. Initially we went to the Haarlemerstraat Dampkring, but it was shut. The guy at the Budbar signalled he would open in half an hour. We were to hungry to wait.
What followed was a rather long and winding search for somewhere that appealed to both of us. We basically wandered around clueless for a while. Finding ourselves at the flower Market. We stopped in here.

I ordered a bacon and Cheese omelette and a cup of tea. Newbinho got a fryup type thing. Fucking lovely btw. Highly recommended. Good service, Friendly people working there as well. Loads of seats inside and out.
All munched up we were ready to smoke! I told newbinho I was gonna take him to one of Amsterdam’s best kept secrets. An ACD favourite. Paradox. En route we snapped a few pics.

When we got to paradox, I got A fat sack of Purple Outdoor for €16. They also had a green variety, but the purps smelt very nice. Here’s the pic
And a better one taken at a later date.

Newbiho bought the A.C.E. which looked and smelled jaw droopingly nice. Bright green too. We sat at the table near the door and got baked. The purple tasted just like I thought it would. Slightly herby, with a slight spice to it. It gave me a very nice buzz around the eyes. A good purchase it must be said. I rolled up the last of the orange bud from Pacific just to give me the right amount of buzz for shopping. We moved out to the bench outside the shop at this point as the sun was just hitting it right. Here’s a pic looking down the ally.

And here I am Just chilling in the Sun.

It was around midday by this point so we set off to do some shopping. I can’t recall where though. I know we stopped in the sensi seed shop to grab some T-shirts, I know I bought a cool pipe from somewhere, shaped like a cobra. I'll leave a space to Edit in a picture when I take one.

And I know I took all these Pics.
I took this one, as I believe this is where Wolfdangler's movie was being shown.
We thought about grabbing a cone of fries again but we changed our minds when we saw the queue.
:lol: Image

Eventually we found ourselves near the Bluebird so that was our next stop. I bought one of my usual purchases from here, the G13 x HP.
This stuff never disappoints me. Its always packed with THC , perfectly cured and Heavy as hell. Here’s a menu pic.

We sat in the smoking room at the window just watching the world go by. I smoked the G13 in two Mixed spliffs. Fucking lovely it was :lol:
We left the bluebird with a liberated menu :D . I giggled like a little girl at that. A slow walk along the big street that leads to dam square
straitened us up somewhat. Again, we walked around taking pictures for a while before deciding that Homegrown Fantasy would be our next destination. We sat outside at one of the tables bathed in glorious sunshine and got some cheese.
Took this pic too.

After an hour or so, Newbinho left to go and drop all our shopping bags back at the room and I rolled up a nice spliff of the Outdoor from Paradox to kill the wait. When newbinho returned it was decided we were going to Dampkring on Haarlemerstrat for a munch.
I got this.
Bloody nice too. I also bought this.
King Hassan, € 7.50 a gram. As I have stated before many times, this is perhaps my favourite hash. I kept this bit hash for a bedtime spliff and instead smoked something from my stash. I think it may have been the X18 because whatever it was hit me hard and heavy.
I was glad to get out and stretch my legs but before we knew it we were passing the Grey Area and the menu pic that had been posted a week or so ago was fresh in my mind. Before I could be given a menu, I was asking about the east coast sour D. It smelt divine. I had to get a gram.
I also bought a T-shirt, a cool black one. The shop was fucking rammed with at least 4 people behind Newbinho and I, however the guy serving ( Adam I think ) still took time to run upstairs to get me a Tee, show me another couple of weeds and never lost his smile. Top shop.
We bounced back up the canal to Siberie for a seat and a spliff.

In here I bought 3 grams of the Afghan Haze.

Man did this smell nice. I rolled a pure number and began to blaze. Halfway down the spliff, I was convinced this was the best weed I had had this trip. Soooo Hazy.
High on Haze, I accompanied newbinho bong shopping for a while before we both went back to the hotel to chill.
Back in the room I took some pics and smoked the Grey Area’s Sour D. Now, this is what sour D should taste like. Its hard to describe, but it blew the Media version away by a mile. I wasn’t as Impressed with Newbinho’s Recon though.
Around 7PM we wandered up the road and into an Italian Place. I forget the name, but its very near an English bar on Niewenzuid Voorborgwal (sp). I got a nice Carbonara and a banana split for desert. Service was a little slow, and we didn’t get out of there till after 9PM. Lost out on some valuable smoking time there :? .
When we did eventually get out of there, we ended up here.

Its been remodelled since I was last hear. This pic may give you an Idea what I mean.

Anyway, I like it a lot. I think it looks much better. I bought the Buddh Cheese Haze. Think newbinho bought white shark. Here is the haze.

It smoked like a dream, even burn, smooth, cheesy exhale. Recommended. I think it was €13 a gram but I didn’t jot it down.
Around 10 PM we set off for Basjoe, deciding this would be our last stop tonight. This time The other tender was working, the one with the short hair ( Leo?) I opted for the Haze heaven. I didn’t even look at the bud before hand, I just took budman’s recommendation. We got a couple of loozas and grabbed some seats. I shot this pic.

I can’t remember what I smoked here, I know it wasn’t the Heaven Haze though ( I’m smoking that as I type this up :wink: ). I do know we were back in the hotel room just after midnight, it say’s so in my notes. :lol:

In the hotel I rolled up the king Hassan into a lovely spliff. At the same time Newbinho pulls out his stash. Jesus Christ! This pic might let you understand my shock.
Image :lol:

Evidently, he hadn’t been doing so well disposing of his smoke as I had. ( Newbinho is Almost exclusively a mixed spliff smoker, so I guess that was the reason. )
A decision was made, he would use the Jiffy bag which I had brought ( don’t ask ) to, ahem, get rid of, this excess stock :wink: . I made a decision to throw in a couple of bags as well, in the hope of smoking some fine haze in the Burgh of Edin.
So without even trying it, The Heaven Haze from Basjoe and the Afghan Haze were plopped inside this relief package to be posted tomorrow morning.
I finished the Buddha Cheese Haze through my new pipe, smoked the King Hassan doobie I had rolled and fell fast asleep in spite of Newbinho’s thunder like Snoring :evil: .
Good times .

Tomorrow, 420!
Endure
Matt_B

Post by Matt_B »

Wow. Can't wait to read the rest. Great reporting, great pics. Thanks!
lampshade

Post by lampshade »

Cool report man and nice selection of smokes! Those Dampkring pancakes are tasty mate :wink:
Toker70

Post by Toker70 »

Fuckin amazing first two days m8 thanks for takin the time and great bud shots also.
Cant wait for the next instalment of the big day
Babylon 'wan tief mi 'erb. But mi bun it bfoe dey come.
cantona7
Location: Seattle- trips to the 'dam, 7 by the time i caught up with freedom i was out of breathe

Post by cantona7 »

good write up twich. look forward to the next installment!
educating myself and waiting for the next trip.
instagram @shooter_mcdabbin