The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2024

Planning a trip to the Netherlands? Post the details here.
Lemming
Site Admin

Re: The Annual Four-Twenty Gathering - 20th April 2024

Post by Lemming »

Nice to see all the love for Siberië. Our final stop last year. It'll be nice to be back.

We seem to have some consensus on Green Place as the place to meet for our ride to Ballonnetje. Sounds good. We can catch the metro from there to Weesperplein. I'm now imagining emerging from the metro there and trying to work out which direction we're facing :lol:

There also seems to be consensus on not going to Rembrandtplein on 19th. Fair enough. Warmoesstraat it is then.

In that case, how about Rembrandtplein instead of Batavia on 17th? It's easy to get to from most parts of town. Old Church, Family First, Balboa, Balou, Hashtag, Boerejongens and more all orbit around Hunters and its bar. The list says Docgonzo42, Gapie, Occasional Bowl, Sammysarahh, Stevesec, Trad in town. What do you all think?

@Ghost - Catch 33 would be very cool. Haven't been there for years. Could even grab passing photos of Bronx and Keteltje. It's more walking, though. Maybe we can make two herds and reunite later, just to add to the challenge!

Has nobody else got anything to say? I'm a bit concerned that there's such a small group of us making all the plans here.

docgonzo42

Post by docgonzo42 »

Lemming all of "yall "(i live in the south in America) are doing an amazing job. As far as scheduling I'm just sitting back enjoying the building of this years crawls and leaving myself in far more experienced hands.

Ill be landing in Amsterdam on the 14th after a 6 day drive around Lake Geneva and parts of Italy. Ill be staying in a small town called Soest from the 14th to 17th at a lil garden house resting for 3 days, visiting Baarn to see MC Eschers grave. and his house where his studio was. Coffeeshop Hacas that I visited in 2011 which will be one block from my Air B and B so I will start my party there.

Ill be at almost every event and greeting of members as everyone comes in. i went to Keukenhof last year and the cheese shop is sold out so ill just catch up to everyone as the days start.

The trip to Den Haag trip will probably just be me getting up 730 to be at Coffeeshop Dizzy Duck to start the day at 9 am and hit the MC Escher museum at 11 then back to Amsterdam by 1:00. Then again it being the morning after 420 I may bail myself sleep in and catch up later

Yo Yo to Stones Cafe is a 17 minute walk in total but with breaking it up between the other spots it should seem an easy walk. Looking forward to visiting a lot of these shops I've never been too and increasing my list of Coffeeshops visited. Never been to Katsu so looking forward to that one.

Be well all.
Someone asked me to describe a perfect date. I said April 25th: it's not too cold and not too hot.
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

docgonzo42 wrote: Mon 25th Mar 2024 05:52 am Lemming all of "yall "(i live in the south in America) are doing an amazing job. As far as scheduling I'm just sitting back enjoying the building of this years crawls and leaving myself in far more experienced hands.

Ill be landing in Amsterdam on the 14th after a 6 day drive around Lake Geneva and parts of Italy. Ill be staying in a small town called Soest from the 14th to 17th at a lil garden house resting for 3 days, visiting Baarn to see MC Eschers grave. and his house where his studio was. Coffeeshop Hacas that I visited in 2011 which will be one block from my Air B and B so I will start my party there.

Ill be at almost every event and greeting of members as everyone comes in. i went to Keukenhof last year and the cheese shop is sold out so ill just catch up to everyone as the days start.

The trip to Den Haag trip will probably just be me getting up 730 to be at Coffeeshop Dizzy Duck to start the day at 9 am and hit the MC Escher museum at 11 then back to Amsterdam by 1:00. Then again it being the morning after 420 I may bail myself sleep in and catch up later

Yo Yo to Stones Cafe is a 17 minute walk in total but with breaking it up between the other spots it should seem an easy walk. Looking forward to visiting a lot of these shops I've never been too and increasing my list of Coffeeshops visited. Never been to Katsu so looking forward to that one.

Be well all.
Sounds like a great holiday. That drive is going to be spectacular.
docgonzo42

Post by docgonzo42 »

I'm definitely in for a Rembrantplien crawl on the 17th in lieu of Batavia if all are up for it. I'll be checked in in the Leidseplien area and ready to meet by 4:00 on the day. Would like to see Hashtag and some others mentioned.
Someone asked me to describe a perfect date. I said April 25th: it's not too cold and not too hot.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

17th, if all goes to plan we land about 4 so maybe at hotel in Plantage about 5. Maybe flying visit to Ballonnetje for first purchase and quick vape. Then probably find food and tram to Rembrandtplein. Aim to try to meet everyone (or anyone :lol: ) in Hunter's Bar about 8 (or earlier if we can).

If there's a few of us in Hunter's and some are comfy and others fancy going out on foraging missions, we could leave a camp in the bar and to and fro from there. Maybe check out Hashtag and pop into Old Church for a quick Volcano or whatever, returning to Hunter's between each.

@docgonzo42 - if you and anyone else arriving earlier want to establish a base at Hunter's from 4 and start the toing and froing, that would be very cool.

Smirks and me made a flying visit to the Escher museum a few years ago. It's fun.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

People

Members who've said they will be around during 4-20 week so far (in alphabetical order):

AzLaker "Arriving, the 18th and leaving the 25th" posted 22nd Jan 2024
Bedge "18th to 23rd" posted 25th Jan 2024
Docgonzo42 "Wednesday April 17 to Monday April 22nd" posted 31st Jan 2024
Dude65 "arriving on 4/20 and will be there until 4/24" posted 14th Feb 2024
Gapie "Yeeaaaahhh" posted 31st Jan 2024
Ghost "arrive -19th(early morning) 8) and depart the 24th (evening time)" posted 31st Jan 2024
Igraine "17th to 23rd April" posted 7th Feb 2024
Jollylittlehun "morning of 20th till late 21st" posted 8th Mar 2024
Kodak25 + 2 "Friday to Monday" posted 30th Jan 2024
Kush0la "got a refundable reservation at Voyagers over 420" posted 19th Dec 2023
Lemming "17th to 23rd April" posted 7th Feb 2024
Nuggz Late on 20th onwards
Occasional Bowl "17th April to 23rd April" posted 14th Jan 2024
Sammysarahh "17th-22nd" posted 31st Jan 2024
Stevesec " I'll be around from 17th - 24th/April" posted 12th Mar 2024
Talkrum "18-22nd" posted 26th Jan 2024
Trad "17th-22nd" posted 27th Jan 2024

Everyone welcome. Please post here if you'd like to join us.

Events proposed so far

Wednesday 17th April 2024

20:00 (8pm) Hunter's Bar for first night sesh proposed by Lemming

In town: Docgonzo42, Gapie, Igraine, Lemming, Occasional Bowl, Sammysarahh, Stevesec, Trad

Thursday 18th April 2024

13:30 (1.30pm) Old Amsterdam Cheese Store proposed by Sammysarahh
14:00 (2pm) Bagheera proposed by Lemming (for anyone not at cheese)
16:00 (4pm) Siberië greet AzLaker and Bedge into town
followed by possible excursion to the seaside at Zandvoort
22:00 (10pm) The Bottle proposed by AzLaker

In town: AzLaker, Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Igraine, Lemming, Occasional Bowl, Sammysarahh, Stevesec, Talkrum, Trad

Friday 19th April 2024

08:30 (8.30am) Keukenhof proposed by Sammysarahh
11:30 (11.30am) Het Gelderse proposed by Ghost
13:00 (1pm) Kadinsky 2 and bar proposed by Lemming to assemble for tram to
15:00 (3pm) The Stud proposed by Lemming & Mjhowy
18:00 (6pm) Rum Barrel proposed by Ghost - headcount required
followed by Best Friends Oost
21:00 (9pm) The Tribe or Bar 55 proposed by Trad

In town: AzLaker, Bedge, Docgonzo42, Gapie, Ghost, Igraine, Kodak25, Lemming, Occasional Bowl, Sammysarahh, Stevesec, Talkrum, Trad

Saturday 20th April 2024

10:00 (10am) Siberië proposed by Jollylittlehun
14:00 (2pm) The Bottle
15:00 (3pm) 420 Cafe for 4.20, proposed by Tradition
18:00 (6pm) Siberië proposed by AzLaker
19:00 (7pm) Resin proposed by Trad - meet for ...
20:00 (8pm) Boat trip proposed by AzLaker - headcount required
21:30 (9.30pm) Kashmir Lounge proposed by Jollylittlehun

In town: AzLaker, Bedge, Docgonzo42, Dude65, Gapie, Ghost, Igraine, Jollylittlehun, Kodak25, Lemming, Nuggz, Occasional Bowl, Sammysarahh, Stevesec, Talkrum, Trad

Sunday 21st April 2024

08:00 (8am) Half day in The Hague proposed by docgonzo42
12:30 (12.30pm) Green Place meet for metro to ...
14:00 (2pm) Het Ballonnetje proposed by Lemming
18:00 (6pm) Spirit for pinball competition proposed by Ghost

In town: AzLaker, Bedge, Docgonzo42, Dude65, Gapie, Ghost, Igraine, Jollylittlehun, Kodak25, Lemming, Nuggz, Occasional Bowl, Sammysarahh, Stevesec, Talkrum, Trad

Monday 22nd April 2024

13:00 (1pm) DNA and De Kade proposed by AzLaker
Followed by Pijp crawl to Yo-Yo proposed by Docgonzo42
Via some or all of Stones, Club Media, Katsu, Nice Place

In town: AzLaker, Bedge, Docgonzo42, Dude65, Gapie, Ghost, Igraine, Kodak25, Lemming, Nuggz, Occasional Bowl, Sammysarahh, Stevesec, Talkrum, Trad

Tuesday 23rd April 2024

In town: AzLaker, Bedge, Dude65, Gapie, Ghost, Igraine, Lemming, Nuggz, Occasional Bowl, Stevesec
Stevesec

Post by Stevesec »

Not long to go now guys :)

Anyone know a good place for a fried breakfast in Amsterdam? I usually go to The London Bridge pub, but it's getting pricey!

Germany next year? :) Anyone have any interesting experiences from there? I've been smoking in Germany for a few years discreetly and they seem laid back about it.

BBC News - Cannabis partially decriminalised in Germany
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68674813
jollylittlehun

Post by jollylittlehun »

Stevesec wrote: Mon 1st Apr 2024 11:11 am Not long to go now guys :)

Anyone know a good place for a fried breakfast in Amsterdam? I usually go to The London Bridge pub, but it's getting pricey!

Germany next year? :) Anyone have any interesting experiences from there? I've been smoking in Germany for a few years discreetly and they seem laid back about it.

BBC News - Cannabis partially decriminalised in Germany
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68674813
Miss B or you may know it as La Grotte, Greenwoods, The Breakfast Club and Omelegg do fried breakfasts. All a bit on the pricier side probably looking at around 20 euro for food and a drink but it's good food.

I'm going to wait to see if Germany does the club / coffeeshop thing before I go over. Waste of time.going if there's nowhere to smoke what you've bought other than where you've rented.
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

If your up the top end of town then there is the ones mentioned by @jollylittlehun. You could also try Susie's Saloon used to be a really good full English when I last had one there or try oreillys an Irish bar just off the square a really nice full English with good service e13.50 :thumbup: If your in Rembrandplien then try stjamesgate bar another top breakfast e17.50 and if your down in D' Pijp then head to Omelegg for your breaky. All these breakfasts are good quality :thumbup:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D
Stevesec

Post by Stevesec »

Cheers guys. Love a fried breakfast first thing after a sess the night before :D Can't get with the continental style.

Does anyone have any 'lesser known' places they like to smoke in the Netherlands? I'll be spending half my trip in Groningen, and I love it up there, it's so weird and wonderful. Anyone been to Arnhem? According to google maps there are a few sit in places to smoke :)
I didn't like Eindhoven, not very friendly to tourists looking to smoke, although I did enjoy the place in other ways.
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Just to let you guys know I found a new bar on the Warmoesstraat that you can eat drink and smoke in..its called Marleys and best recognised by the 2 swing seats outside ..its large down the back with big windows and a great view over the canal it would easily hold all the crew with plenty of space for more .. pity I can't join you this year but I hope you all have a blast
Tom
AzLaker

Post by AzLaker »

Tokeing tom wrote: Wed 3rd Apr 2024 10:07 am Just to let you guys know I found a new bar on the Warmoesstraat that you can eat drink and smoke in..its called Marleys and best recognised by the 2 swing seats outside ..its large down the back with big windows and a great view over the canal it would easily hold all the crew with plenty of space for more .. pity I can't join you this year but I hope you all have a blast
Tom
Thanks, Tokeing tom, :wave: we'll have to check it out when the gang is in town for 4/20. :mrgreen:

AzLaker
8)
If you never do, you'll never know.
Lemming
Site Admin

Post by Lemming »

Looks like this new bar is in the old Coffeeshop 36. It's nice to see Warmoesstraat coming back to life after the disastrous Project 1012. They just need to re-open the coffeeshops there now!
Tokeing tom

Post by Tokeing tom »

Yes lem if not the same building than definitely next door ...its hard to tell by photos as the entrance has changed to open up more but your spot ...nice bright place high ceiling so won't get too smokey
Ghost

Post by Ghost »

Cheers for that @Tokeing Tom will go and check it out :thumbup:

Couple of weeks to go now until the crew starts hitting town, little less for some :thumbup: and the weeks schedule is :thumbup: :mrgreen: for us all 8) can't wait to hit town and hopefully find some proper fire in town :mrgreen: A few of the current menus are looking dam fine and I have a few shops that I will be getting to for sure to make some purchases :thumbup: The mystery prizes for the winners of the pinball competition have arrived as have a couple of new ACD T-shirts 8) Looking forward to meeting up with the crew and having a blazing week :thumbup: 8) :mrgreen:
Chase the Green to live the Dream :mrgreen: 8) :D